Cesaroni Technology Incorporated News and Well-Wishes thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's been a month since the March 24, 2016 explosion at the CTI motor plant in Canada, and I was wondering if anyone has heard any update on how the people who were injured are doing?

Also I was curious to know if the plant damage has impacted CTI's ability to produce model rocket motors, or possibly restricted their production capabilities?

I believe I saw one vendor who is only taking orders for in-stock motors and shows a 15 week lead time for other CTI motors but I'm mot sure if that lead time is due to the explosion.

I merged the last two posts to avoid having two threads. I worried having another thread of false information.

I myself wouldn't care if the CTi HPR production stopped. I am only concerned that Dr J gets though this. He has been invaluable and extremely helpful to this forum and the hobby.
Thoughts should be with him, not 'has production been affected'

I myself wouldn't care if the CTi HPR production stopped. I am only concerned that Dr J gets though this. He has been invaluable and extremely helpful to this forum and the hobby.

If stopping CTI production could help Jeroen probably everyone on TRF would support it.

+1 Million.....

Thank you.....

More and continued prayers for you and yours Jeroen...

Teddy

Last edited:
Um, it's not an "either/or." One can be concerned for Jeroen and also wonder where and when he is going to get his motors. Being concerned about a motor shortage is not equated with being cavalier about Jeroen's condition. Right?

Um, it's not an "either/or." One can be concerned for Jeroen and also wonder where and when he is going to get his motors. Being concerned about a motor shortage is not equated with being cavalier about Jeroen's condition. Right?

Right. One can be concerned with both at the same time.

Bat, to honestly answer your question I see it a little off color but can't put my finger on it. It really shouldn't buy does to me for some unknown reason.

I agree with Bat.

I have a similar perspective because my wife works in HR at a medium sized company. There are always employees with difficult situations in their lives, many life threatening, that others don't know about. There are many companies whose employees have suffered great losses, yet the company provides updates to its customers. Every company is free to handle those sorts of situations however they'd like, and customers are free to question the availability of their products.

You probably have frequented many businesses and complained about their service despite them having an employee at home in a bad situation. Heck, McDonalds has nearly 2 million employees and there are probably tens of thousands with severe health issues in their life. Does that mean you can't complain about how your french fries were cooked? Unfortunately, that's the way life goes. And fortunately, it's entirely acceptable to comment about a company's service without being disrespectful to any of their employees that have such difficulties. We all do it without knowing it because many of these situations are private.

And in the case of CTI, everyone is well aware that Jeoren is a great guy and no one has ever meant for their comments about any motor shortage to be a reflection of his reputation.

I didn't say it came down to an either/or.
I myself am a CTi flier. I think I flew an AT F before I got my L1, and I got my L3 with an AT M1350DMS, but, everything in between has been CTi. Except for a few Kosdon, and some AT Kosdon, and... erm... some Loki.. But I digress. Most of the rocket motors that I have flown have been CTi. Erm... I forgot about Estes
I will go back out and come in again
OK. About 3 out of every 4 rocket motors that I fly have been CTi.
(points for recognize the pattern of the comedy there)

I am concerned that there may be less CTi motors out there. Gosh yes I am.
I am also very concerned about Dr J. He has come on here and helped a lot of people. I just hope he gets better.

Bat, to honestly answer your question I see it a little off color but can't put my finger on it. It really shouldn't buy does to me for some unknown reason.

It's the 'how could you possibly be concerned about a simple hobby when someone is struggling for his life' thing. It's natural... but it isn't universally applied. I can think of several dozen other really important things that are more pressing than sourcing a CTI rocket motor, and yet life does, and should, move on. A question about motor availability really doesn't say anything about that same person's level of concern.

Exactly. If I had magical powers and I could choose between completely healing Jeroen and having a bunch of CTI motors available, I would heal Jeroen. But that isn't a real choice. I hope and pray the doctors can restore him to full health and function. Since I have no impact on that other than to pray, I also would like to know if I should start looking to buy AT or Loki hardware, or maybe stock up on Estes BP motors and go LPR for awhile.

It's the 'how could you possibly be concerned about a simple hobby when someone is struggling for his life' thing. It's natural... but it isn't universally applied. I can think of several dozen other really important things that are more pressing than sourcing a CTI rocket motor, and yet life does, and should, move on. A question about motor availability really doesn't say anything about that same person's level of concern.

John ( Bat ) I'm certain you must know by now I mean no disrespect to anyone ever..
Of everyone's statement so far I am most comfortable with Barkleys..
I couldn't put my finger on it either,,
I think he explained it best...
I know deeply and dearly what it is when you're busy like crazy have a million things going on and BAM---
You find out in an instant how insignificant EVERYTHING is next to your health......
I never ever allow that significant of health and gratitude for it to fall to the back of my mind...
I make a conscious effort to keep priories in their correct order...

Teddy

Not a day goes by that i don't take a minute and, hope that my/our friend is doing better...The wait for more positive information is sometimes unbearable...

People often ponder that they are only one person and, what significance do they matter to the world when in reality most would really be surprised the impact they make or have made-

I know i will have motors soon, i just really don't think about it when there are other more important things to direct my thoughts.

John ( Bat ) I'm certain you must know by now I mean no disrespect to anyone ever..
Of everyone's statement so far I am most comfortable with Barkleys..
I couldn't put my finger on it either,,
I think he explained it best...
I know deeply and dearly what it is when you're busy like crazy have a million things going on and BAM---
You find out in an instant how insignificant EVERYTHING is next to your health......
I never ever allow that significant of health and gratitude for it to fall to the back of my mind...
I make a conscious effort to keep priories in their correct order...

Teddy

No insult or offense intended, as I'm sure you know. I just wanted to offer some comfort to people who might be feeling unnecessarily guilty because they happen to want to know whether or not they will be able to launch their rockets in the near future.

No insult or offense intended, as I'm sure you know. I just wanted to offer some comfort to people who might be feeling unnecessarily guilty because they happen to want to know whether or not they will be able to launch their rockets in the near future.

Good for you man,,
That's tremendously nice of you John...

Well said Gus,,
+ 1 on that...

Teddy

Medical conditions are protected information. If the family gave the ok then they could likely pass it on otherwise that is a load of trouble.

That said, Jeroen has had a terrible injury. It will take a long time for him to substantively improve. Patience is a virtue.

Well wishes to Jeroen, his family, and all at CTI.

CTI published a "Press Release" on May 24, 2016 concerning this issue and also how they anticipate the accident will affect their HPR motor production. The document is available on the BARC Website

It has been nearly 3 months since the last discussion of Jeroen on the forum, hopefully his recovery is progressing as smoothly as possible and we will receive another update soon.

I just talked to Jeroen today!!!! He is home and doing well. He will have a long recovery with more surgeries on the horizon but considering the severity of the situation, that is great news.

He has read this thread and said he was in tears reading how much support we have for him. Let's keep up the good thoughts and prayers. He still has a long road ahead of him.

See you soon, friend!!!

Great news Jason!

Jeroen- we've never met or talked, but know that you're in my thoughts a good amount. Here's hoping you recover fully from your injuries, and maybe we'll see you at a launch soon!

Back