Hi from the UK

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ranger

Reaction score
Hi I've decided to rekindle my interests in rocketry.

Joined to both learn and contribute to the forum. I built a two stage estes d engined rocket when I was younger for a project and never launched it, so this is my starting target. I suspect I will post at some point some photos and details to see what you think, it's ok though I am unsure about the weight, there are a few things I will need to check before deciding if it is launchable.

I also have a smaller single engine rocket that I was given, plus I have a fairly large hybrid as well which is where I will be working towards, not in a rush.

Anyway's hi.

Welcome to UK rocketry!

Keep the August Bank Holiday free from non-rocket appointments. Here's why:
https://irw.rocketry.org.uk/

Taking place once again in Scotland, International Rocket Week runs from 22nd to 29th August this year. All sorts of rockets are flown there, including the likes of both your small single-stage rocket and your big hybrid. The base camp is a Scout site called Lapwing Lodge, just outside Paisley, where we have indoor work space to prep or build rockets. You don't have to stay the whole week if you don't want to - quite a lot of people show up for part of the week, especially the weekend.

Thanks for the welcome.

The link looks good Adrian, unfortunatley it's at the other end of the country to me, plenty of time to think about it though.

Welcome from here too. If IRW is too far then there is always BigEARS on the first may bank holiday in Cambridgeshire.

Check the events page at www.ukra.org.uk for what's happening in rocketry in the UK.

There's a launch at EARS this Sunday if that's not too soon.

There's also a UK specific forum on TRF.

Best

Back