Painkiller Micro

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgreger

Reaction score
This one has been finished and sitting in the corner on my bench since sometime last year, but since I was working on my L3 project it kinda of got sidelined. I finally got around to painting it.
Flying it at Red glare on an F240 Vmax or F85 White Thunder and on a fly away rail guide.

Painkiller Micro.jpg

Last edited:
Do u have an Alt? I have one as well but can only guess on altitudes

Havent run sims on it since it was finished and weighed, early predictions say around 1500ft?
Going to stick an Alt One in there just to see where it finally ends up. Hence the reason Im only going with the 3 grain motors!

Last edited:
They're darn sharp looking little rockets once painted up. But man I am nervous about shoving a 6 grain into mine. I do have a 144G65, but may put that into my Scion instead. Flies great on an Aerotech F39. An E18 in it did fly, but weathercocked pretty bad, I wouldn't go under 30n average thrust for any future flights.

With the low fin height be warned, it's a grass hider. Here's mine with its Warhammer 40k theme.

Also have a PK3 which I did my L2 with, using a CTI 1281K360 ... whoooooo boy did that one go. Can't wait to try a 4 grain.
Wish I was able to get the Painkiller Max when it was available, will have to piece it together from the rocksim file.

pk3-009.JPG

Imperial Fists? Nice. The Maxi Alpha 3 I fly has Goff Ork colours. :)

Yea even though it came with a 6gr case, without a tracker ...I dont think so. If I can find me Jolly L I'll through it in next weekend too and report back.

Yea, I sold the 6grain case it came with, typically fly it on E15's which do OK, or an E18, which was iffy. Really needs no wind for that. Going to have to push it up a notch or two from here on out.... maybe get a 24/60 for it.

I've got a PK3 here almost done...just need to finish up some new fins I cut for it.

Dave, still not done with that PK3? I thought for sure you finished that ages ago. Seems like there aren't too many painkillers flying in any size. Ever build your PK Max?

I really like my micro with that F39 in the 24/40 case. I'm still reluctant to pull the trigger on the 24/60 until they get more loads for it. But the CTI 3-grains look to be right in the sweet spot. That'll be my next case in 24mm I think. Or another 24/40. Which reminds me, time to clean my 24/40, I'm flyin it this weekend hopefully.

I've yet to complete mine... I'm making it DD. Apogee is a 4" x 4' streamer... think it'll be a 24" main around 300' or so.

Later!

--Coop

Dave, still not done with that PK3? I thought for sure you finished that ages ago. Seems like there aren't too many painkillers flying in any size. Ever build your PK Max?
I know... lol. It's almost fully built, all I have to do is glue the fins in. For some reason I stalled on that and lost the love for the fin design. Grabbed some canvas plate and cut some new ones. Never did pull the trigger on a max.... Haven't seen any built either....who got them all?

(don't cut fins out with a spoon)
26059353821_68f162c76c.jpg

I've yet to complete mine... I'm making it DD. Apogee is a 4" x 4' streamer... think it'll be a 24" main around 300' or so.

I've been playing with making a small DD bay for this and my Eagle Claw mini.... I've got a spare 4" coupler, RRC2 and a 3d printed sled.... :)

Last edited:
I've been playing with making a small DD bay for this and my Eagle Claw mini.... I've got a spare 4" coupler, RRC2 and a 3d printed sled.... :)

4"? I thought the PK was 38mm (the one I have), also 3" and 4.5"?

I keep meaning to get back down into the lab and fiddle with this some more, but I've got some other projects I've been working on--half-playing with the idea for a new book, and recently overhauled a 103 year-old sewing machine. I do need to get some 38mm coupler and work something out and get this thing flying already. I was strongly considering one of the Featherweight 38mm av-bays.

Later!

--Coop

4"? I thought the PK was 38mm (the one I have), also 3" and 4.5"?

I keep meaning to get back down into the lab and fiddle with this some more, but I've got some other projects I've been working on--half-playing with the idea for a new book, and recently overhauled a 103 year-old sewing machine. I do need to get some 38mm coupler and work something out and get this thing flying already. I was strongly considering one of the Featherweight 38mm av-bays.

I know two guys who dick around with 100 year old machines.... what are the odds.....

4" LONG:p also got the stuff to make up a little nose cone tracker bay....i think

19155754794_25b4768b00_z.jpg

I would love to put a bay in mine, I have two other 38mm thin wall kits I could swap it out with. The Madcow Pike and Frenzy.
I Havent used the 6 grain case yet, but my girlfriend used it (adapted down) in her MDRM Tribute rocket in October on the G145 Pink motor.
and I did see someone fly an unpainted PK Max at the last MDRA launch. So, they are out there.

They're darn sharp looking little rockets once painted up. But man I am nervous about shoving a 6 grain into mine. I do have a 144G65, but may put that into my Scion instead. Flies great on an Aerotech F39. An E18 in it did fly, but weathercocked pretty bad, I wouldn't go under 30n average thrust for any future flights.

With the low fin height be warned, it's a grass hider. Here's mine with its Warhammer 40k theme.

Also have a PK3 which I did my L2 with, using a CTI 1281K360 ... whoooooo boy did that one go. Can't wait to try a 4 grain.
Wish I was able to get the Painkiller Max when it was available, will have to piece it together from the rocksim file.

pk3-009.JPG

See https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?143025-PAINKILLER-MAX!!!-FOR-SALE-Last-One-Ever

I am SOOO sorry I missed out on this one... it was an awesome deal. BTW, an Eggfinder Mini will fit inside it quite nicely, with a little 138 mAH 2S Lipo. Just burrito wrap it in a small chute protector threaded through the shock cord, and tape it together. Flew a GLR Firestorm that way to 10K+ this weekend.

Back