*FREE ELECTRONICS* Camera GPS and GPS

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BayouRat

Reaction score
Here at Bayou Rat Rocketry we are always trying new technology. These are two devices our vendor sent us to try. Well, we tried them and did not like the results. They are advertised as GPS trackers and one has a camera. They are both SIM card devices. So you will need a SIM card. The camera actually works. But both failed at GPS tracking reporting there positions no where near there actual location. So we are not interested in offering them for sale. But if anyone wants to tinker around with them at your own expense I will send them to you for FREE. I will ship them to you priority mail. But I would be interested in your results. So if you want them send me an email at [email protected]

3894ECAD-B72A-4E6D-9902-3288F5DD017D.jpg

E13DA3D1-A68C-4B15-A779-13394D24015B.jpg

Last edited:
Email sent.... Save one for someone else... Would me more interested in camera one, but would take either.

Jack

Great, Thank you both for your response. I will send Jack the Camera and Daniel the GPS. Both failed my testing but did work to some extent. I was using AT&T SIM cards for my testing. They will need to be on the GSM network. I was never able to get an accurate location from either device. While i was able to take snap shots with the camera I was never able to have the device SMS them back to my phone. They where readable from the MicroSD card as well as the video although the video was in a 640x480 resolution. It will be interesting to know how they work for your.

Darn! So close. XD

I'm curious about the camera... Is it a GPS Tracker integrated with a camera?

Thanks BayouRat!

I received the GPS tracker today in good condition, and right now I am hooking it up to my computer. The GPS tracker doesn't have a camera, but hopefully it will work.

Edit Post:

This is not a GPS tracker, it is a GSM tracker, that means that is receives information regarding position from cell towers, which are incredibly inaccurate and far less reliable than satellites. The instructions are written in poorly translated Chinese and setup is difficult. I managed to get it working by watching a YouTube tutorial in RUSSIAN and it was unable to tell my location. Highly regard you don't buy this tracker, although it is cheap, they say "Never Bargain with a Chinese man"

Thanks for taking the time and money to ship this down, I highly appreciate it and look to do business with you in the future.

Last edited:
I received the camera tracker this week... Thank You!

I've looked over the instructions for the X009. They are some of the better written instructions I've seen from these types of manufactures... Much better low end 808 camera's I've gotten direct from China.

I need to get a SIM card to start playing with it. I'll report back my findings.

Jack

Latest posts

Back