Michiana Three Oaks Launch April 9th - 10th

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockdoc

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Michiana Rocketry will be hosting a 2 day launch Saturday April 9th and Sunday April 10th.
Launch times both days: 10:00 - 05:00 EST
EX both days.
Waiver to 12,000 feet.
Onsite vendors: Countyline Hobbies, Impulse Buys, and Red Arrow Hobbies
Motor's carried by vendors: CTI, Aerotech, Loki, everything from 18mm to 98mm
Food vendor and porta potties onsite
Motor capability: Mini motors to M impulse
Launch rods: 1/8 to 1/2 inch rods
Launch rails: 1010 and 1515 rails
Daily launch fee per day: Members 10.00, Non-members 15.00
Launch fees for both days: 20.00
More info: michianarocketry.org

Last edited:
Way cool. Looking forward to it. I will have just enough room in the rocket wagon for my Laser Loc flight.
On a side note I have AT and CTI orders coming in early next week (CTI was shipped before the accident).
2 day midwest spring launch:cool:

So what's everybody bringing?

So far for me...Another attempt at a mile on a J401 - I'll actually fly it this time lol.
- Another Loki J in my Thor...This time a J712 blue.
- One Bad Pig will get a Loki I of some sort
- My Hyperloc 300 will get one of the 38/360 loads...probably a h148

And then some assorted G motors and little models.

I can't wait for this. It's going to be a fantastic time. I'm hoping to go for my L2 cert with my 4" Madcow PAC-3. I should have my 2.6" Madcow FG Black Brant II done, and my girlfriend will have the maiden flight of her Estes Partizon she built over the winter with a CTI G80 skidmark. It's the first rocket she ever built, and she did a heck of a job. We start priming and painting tomorrow.

Looking forward to it!!!

Planning on:
Rocket R&D Brutus EXT: 38mm I, J motors
Thoy Falcon: Vulcan J250
(Tom C) PML Eclipse: Sconnie L530 Sparky
Loc Magnum: Kosdon K600 Fast and/or Kosdon L1650 Fast
Loc Bruiser: AMW M1850 Green Gorilla

See you there!

I'll have the final versions of the 3 and 4 inch Fly Away rail guides, I will be flying with. Anyone interested in using the 3 and 4 inch guides for their flights are welcome to come and see me during the launch. I will also have the 38mm and 54mm fly away rail guides if anyone is interested in using them as well. I've been testing the rail guides for a year now with Mayhem Rocketry and the 3 and 4 inch guides with the new materials is "the best ever".

RW Blue Iguana on an EX K350 white willie

WM 4in Interceptor AMW L900 red rhino

WM Extreme Darkstar AMW K975 white wolf

RW Formula 150 CTI L1395 blue streak

Ultimate Wildman EX M1800 sparky

Looking forward to the launch

Preston

So we're finally going to see some EX motors?

[Mr.BurnsVoice]Excellllllllent[/Mr.BurnsVoice]

looks like I will be able to swing by on Sunday after work and burn some NS and maybe climb a tree ..
LOC Magnum on a K535 and some smaller stuff

Will be there. I have a 4" scratch built with some darkstar fins (if memory serves, I purchased the fins from Preston). Finally going to get that launched if I ever finish things. If it stops raining long enough and I get some time, I may even have some semblance of paint on that rocket as well. Now that Science Olympiad is over, I may get it done. But at this point I am worried about the 3D printed bulk heads and centering rings and may just rip everything back apart and start over again. Other than that.. No idea.

Got more Aerotech motors due in mid week. and stocked up on 24-54mm CTI and a few 75's

Looking into heading out there with some friends. Gotta figure out what I should bring, too...
Sounds like a great time, hope I can swing it

Launch facilities and operation have been significantly upgraded since then! Well worth the trip!

Seconded! Started prepping rockets last night...can't wait! Had a blast in December; really looking forward to returning. Love spring launches in the Midwest!

Hey Tim, I'll bring the L985TT for you.

Seconded! Started prepping rockets last night...can't wait! Had a blast in December; really looking forward to returning. Love spring launches in the Midwest!

Hey Tim, I'll bring the L985TT for you.

Eric, will you be there both days? I'm only going to make Sunday as I'm returning from a vacation on Saturday.

That's it! I'm going... Gotta find people to carpool with, but I don't think that'll be a problem. See you guys there. K1200 at minimum...

Eric, will you be there both days? I'm only going to make Sunday as I'm returning from a vacation on Saturday.

Unless Sunday's Forecast is "Ain't no way those stubborn 'Sconnies are flying rockets in this weather", we will be there Sunday as well. I fly in just about any weather, so we should be good!:cyclops:

Do it! I'm bringing the rocket trailer with lots o goodies to fly!! And it wouldn't hurt to bring ur video camera.....

Preston

I have not been to Three Oaks since 2007! Might need to make a trip up!

Do it! I'm bringing the rocket trailer, picking up Justin and Jason on the way. Also bringing lots o goodies to fly!! And it wouldn't hurt to bring ur video camera.....

Preston

Fixed that

But the invaders are friendly (like Mars Attacks ACK ACK). Seriously. Looking forward to seeing folks I haven't seen in a while (Thunderstruck?) and say hi to folks that haven't been flying in Michigan before.

tumblr_nqcpqm7JV11rp0vkjo1_500.gif

We come in peace :dark:.

Looking forward to meeting people. Also since my dad won't be with me I may need some assistance one my flight with my rocket "ExPAC". I need someone who is good with binoculars to tell me which way my kite is facing, provided it deploys successfully, so that I can steer it toward the pad. I would also like someone to get video. I plan to fly that one early Sunday, if anyone would be willing to help me out, please let me know.

I've been to Three Oaks three times now, and it's an absolutely fantastic time. Hoping to have my L2 cert flight this next trip. I'll be there whichever day has the better weather. My dad came along with me in March, and for a guy that has never built a rocket or spent a dime on a motor and was only a spectator, he's very excited to go again. Can't wait to see some of you again and meet the rest of you!

Back