Dynacom 4.1" Scorpion Build Thread (bonus Python data too!)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why worry about your future on a forum? It is really not that important.

The troubling part is, it sort of is. The size of this hobby doesn't support having many active forums. We're at one basically. Considering it's the easiest and most common form of communication, being locked out has an effect on how we get to enjoy this hobby.

Sure, there are other ways to do it. Facebook, other small forums. But the reality is this place is the most efficient way to reach the largest audience. Have a question? Likely answered here in minutes. Hardware to unload? Someone will buy it here before you finish the post. Looking for new club members? Someone is here looking for a place to launch.

Another option with all that would be nice.... but there currently isn't one. This place has it all. It'd just be nice if it was run a bit smoother and less.... yea...less.

I really think this should be discussed publicly. If anyone gets banned you'll know the moderators have ruined the thing. It'll be a good test.

I really think this should be discussed publicly. If anyone gets banned you'll know the moderators have ruined the thing. It'll be a good test.

Considering the history of people who question the status quo around here getting banned and otherwise vanishing, I don't think you'll see much public discussion.

As for myself, I'm retiring the Dizwolf account, using this one....and re-evaluating just how much of a crap I give. (edited to reflect this)

Last edited:
This was Dan's second account in case some of you didnt know. Dan's first account was also banned without an explanation back when he started the Rocketry Spot forum he deemed competitive to TRF.

There was a thread started from someone asking why he was banned and that thread has been removed.

If there is a personal reason for banning him I can understand, but if it was, because he started a competing forum and attempted to get followers from TRF. That to me is not a valid reason to ban someone.

As far as I know, His use of the Dynacom logo got pulled- it just disappeared. He asked about it in a post and then wham- gone.

It all boils down to the mods did not remove Dan . This punishment came from the top . Dan was unfortunately the one who ( i will not use names , so as not to upset the owner ) had to be made an example of . Unfortunately, this is what we have to look forward too.

Eric

I think it's been made clear anyone who deviates from the marching orders around here has their future in limbo. " Family Forum, All friendly, no debates, and support the chosen vendors" Step away from any of that...and you'll run into trouble.

I can attest to this. Disagree with the "Chosen Ones" as far as vendors and you're likely to get digitally lynched, if not publically then for sure through PM.

Let's please all be aware that Facebook pages are a terrible choice for any hobby; they can't be searched or archived :-(

I spend a great deal of time reading threads where the original images and account owners are MIA, but the info/discussion is still there ( and indexed ).

Let's please all be aware that Facebook pages are a terrible choice for any hobby; they can't be searched or archived :-(

I spend a great deal of time reading threads where the original images and account owners are MIA, but the info/discussion is still there ( and indexed ).

Agreed. Forums like this are ideal, actually unmoderated newsgroups are the best....but totally out of style now. I read a few things recently from a mid-90's newsgroup. It's like time traveling lol. People talking about $5/hr rates and dialup. Man, I remember the days of BBS's and packet tossing. lol.

I wish we could have a WWIV national BBS for rocketry, with the addition of embedded photos :)

No matter what else you start, the history here guarantees anyone new searching for rocketry winds up here. that's near impossible to overcome.

It all boils down to the mods did not remove Dan . This punishment came from the top . Dan was unfortunately the one who ( i will not use names , so as not to upset the owner ) had to be made an example of . Unfortunately, this is what we have to look forward too.

Eric

I would LOVE to know the vendor in question so I can be sure to never ever shop there. I'm just going to assume it's Wildman until I'm told differently.

What are you talking about? This has NOTHING to do with Wildman......or any vendor for that matter.

I would LOVE to know the vendor in question so I can be sure to never ever shop there. I'm just going to assume it's Wildman until I'm told differently.

What did I have to do with this? Dan was banned for spamming TRF with his own forum links.
Then he got busted using a second account.
You are looking the wrong one.
I received a violation the other day for the posting a link to a product that a TRF member was asking were to buy.

WILDMAN is correct. Dan himself sent me a Facebook message. He explained that after his first ban for his signature (advertising his new forum) he was told that he would have to apologize before he would be allowed back on the forum. He skirted this and created a new account. He went undiscovered for a while but the owner finally put 2+2 together and banned this account too.

I like Dan. I'll miss him. But trying to advertise his own forum here was just asking for trouble IMHO.

I see then. Frankly, as a former Mod in a defunct site, I think Dan pretty much deserved this one. I did not realize he had two accounts and links in his signature to his own forum. Frankly, that is poor form. If I were a Mod, I would have given him a chance to correct this, but if he tried to skirt the intervention he would have gotten banned.

I also have no idea how Wildman got dragged into this? I would call BS on who ever uttered that in the first place. Tim is an excellent vendor who does a great service to the hobby.

This while thing went off the rails. The entire thread should be deleted. It's out of control.

This is the stupidest thing I've seen happen on the interwebs. And that's saying a lot.

Thanks for posts Dan... I always enjoyed them

I agree. I've cut way back on my posting and have took to other methods of reaching out to fellow fliers. I've been doing group texting. It's a shame it has gone this way. I've always thought I had something to add to composite layups or research activities. But with all the thread derailments and afraid to piss someone off and get a time out. It's just easier for me to text people who care what I have to say.

Tony

I agree. I've cut way back on my posting and have took to other methods of reaching out to fellow fliers. I've been doing group texting. It's a shame it has gone this way. I've always thought I had something to add to composite layups or research activities. But with all the thread derailments and afraid to piss someone off and get a time out. It's just easier for me to text people who care what I have to say.

Tony

The reason owning a forum web site can be lucrative is because of the amount of traffic it can generate...
There are many, many more people reading and enjoying your posts then you are aware of...
Isn't it still important to ensure we aren't just focusing on the negative this place offers and forgetting about the positive it has to offer....
Everyone here already agreed the amount of information and eyeball traffic here is unparalleled...
Tony, I'm sorry man but that post is such a shame...
I certainly don't think you realize how many care what you have to say....

Teddy

Back