$10 Billion Moon Base

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Moon Base Alpha!

I would chip in $50 if someone promised to build it.

I think it is ridiculous to even consider doing anything else like going to Mars and such, without having first established a permanent Moon Base.

Moon Base Alpha!

I would chip in $50 if someone promised to build it.

I think it is ridiculous to even consider doing anything else like going to Mars and such, without having first established a permanent Moon Base.

Concur.

It would most likely be 50 Billion minimum...

Due to cost over runs, change orders...

Graft, greed, corruption, ect...

Typical .gov endevour...

Promises is all...

You'll ever...

Get Top...

Back in 1969 I figured that we would have a permanent moon base by 1980

China is already on it. I forget what their time table is, but they are already working on putting plans into motion last I heard.

Thanks to their unrivaled nationalist attitude and the like, they will do it long before us.

Communism does have it's good points.

Good for them! I would love to see a rover exploring tyco crater and other rugged lunar areas.

Regardless, they are making it reality and we are not.

I did not intend to start a conversation about politics.
Agree, and agree.

I think NASA should forget about the whole landing on an asteroid thing and just go for the moon base. Way more practical and how could you not be for a MOON BASE!

I suddenly feel like watching Moon again, you know that 2009 movie with Sam Rockwell?

We were taking about this same issue at the Indiana rocketry launch last Sunday. Russia and China are headed to the moon. One guy asked why would we want to revisit the moon. My reply and Mr. Richard agreed. One item Helium 3. You can make a lot of power with one pound and alot less issues then nuke power plants.

I agree with Top. Personally I think going to mars is a big waist of $$. I have a feeling that once the Chinese or Ruskies get to the moon, they will put weapons up there for sure. We should have beat em to it a LONG time ago.

Puhlease!!! The Brits have had a base on the moon for years. Clearly since the 1970's based on the fashions. I am not complaining about it.

ufo_04.jpg

UFO 7.jpg

Last edited:
Back