Icarus 2 Build Thread- 40K+ feet on an L2200G

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dart electronics sound interesting, anywhere we can look for more details?

I don't have any documentation online, but will take some pictures when I am in the shop this evening.

Its nothing particularly custom in terms of hardware; we are using a Raven, a Telemetrum, two lipo batteries in parallel, and a miniature RDF beacon. Its mounted on a 3d-printed TPU sled, chosen because the soft nature of the TPU provides some vibration isolation to clean up the accelerometer readings. The screw terminals have been removed from the two altimeters to ease fitment in the tube.

I have also made a barebones sim to predict the touchdown location based upon NOAA winds aloft data, just in case we have issues with both the GPS and the RDF unit. In that case we will go to the general location and search by drone.

I don’t know how I haven’t came across this thread yet! Great write up and good luck on the future flight!

The assembled rocket looks bad ass. I hope this goes awesome, and you can post back here with the details :)

Back