BattlePark April 1, 2, & 3 - No fooling.....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Handeman

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
BattlePark will be hosting it's last launch of the season on Friday April 1st through Sunday April 3rd.

The landowner is disking the fields so all the corn stubble should be gone. Can you say Sparkie?

see ya all at the BattlePark!

Hey guys. What's the Waiver for the field? I'm hoping to come out and join you all for the first time on Sunday.

I am looking forward to it! The past two months I could only come sunday and both times it was raining so I did not attend.

Hey guys. What's the Waiver for the field? I'm hoping to come out and join you all for the first time on Sunday.

Can't get out of work Friday- got stuck with meetings an deadlines, the wife always has something planned Saturday - hoping Sunday is good.

I'm hoping to get there one of the days. I'm converting my LOC Graduator to dual deploy (just for fun) and I'm hoping to come try it out.

Ugh ... I ended up not going today for a variety of reasons. And it ended up being a beautiful day in northern VA any way. How was it in Culpeper? I will be there tomorrow morning.

The field is in the shape I've seen. No corn stubble and dry. Sparkey's welcome. Weather forecast for Sat looks to be the better of the two days.

Ben

Well sure hope Sunday holds out, and hope to see some sparky's. I've never seen one go up vice on video. I hear they are really cool.

Ugh...stuck in San Francisco on last minute business travel. Go figure the weather and the field are perfect.... Good flights, everyone!

Well sure hope Sunday holds out, and hope to see some sparky's. I've never seen one go up vice on video. I hear they are really cool.

I'll be flying a sparky on Sunday. Right now I'm prepping deployment charges on my 17 lb Frenzy XL which I'll be flying on a K454 Skidmark.

The field is in great shape as last reported. We had two very successful level 3 certification flights today.

We'll be there and the wind will be there on Sunday.

Ben

By 2:30OPM it was fantastic ...sunny, winds died, unlimited ceiling.
Great conditions for some high altitude stuff if you brought one.

Good to see the TARC teams out there doing the dual egg loft/altitude/time challenge.

Nice way to end the spring season....looking forward to fall 2016.

It was an awesome day! So happy the winds died down. Was really nice to fly with all of you today; and still stoked over the L2 cert and GI Joe lofter resurrection flight we had! Thanks for a great time!

It was an awesome day! So happy the winds died down. Was really nice to fly with all of you today; and still stoked over the L2 cert and GI Joe lofter resurrection flight we had! Thanks for a great time!

Kevin: think I met you today...I was parked nearby, with the Apollo Little Joe II and Binder Raptor..
Congratulations on the Level 2, - you are on a roll!

Apollo Little Joe II.jpg[

Last edited:
QUOTE=kcobbva;1569252]It was an awesome day! So happy the winds died down. Was really nice to fly with all of you today; and still stoked over the L2 cert and GI Joe lofter resurrection flight we had! Thanks for a great time!

Kevin: think I met you today...I was parked nearby, with the Apollo Little Joe II and Binder Raptor..
Congratulations on the Level 2, - you are on a roll!

View attachment 287186[[/QUOTE]

Indeed. we spoke about the Little Joe and the engine configuration and how light it was. I have to admit, that was an extremely impressive rocket! My son and I loved the launch! I only wish I'd taken a picture of it! At least I can show your post to my wife as we tried to explain just how awesome it was! Thanks for the kudos and was a pleasure meeting you.

It was fun flying with you folks yesterday. I also liked seeing the Little Joe launch. Here's a picture I took....IMG_1713.jpg

Sunday ended up being just about the most perfect day for flying in recent memory.

It was great to see so many new faces, and so many successful flights.

It was fun flying with you folks yesterday. I also liked seeing the Little Joe launch. Here's a picture I took

Hey- thanks for the picture, I'll add it to my collection.
Hoping to do the airstarts again on this LJ II...would love to put a sparky central motor in it and light airstarts on the way up....at dusk.
The Gwiz I've used was the older model, doesn't seem to want to light more than three or four outboard BP motors at a time, even with two Lithium 9v batteries installed.

_LLS2328.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back