Red Glare XVIII New Official Web Site

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On board video was an 808 #16 keychain camera, duct taped to the side of the rocket (you can see it in the video). Launch pad video was a GoPro Hero 3+ shooting at 1080P 60FPS

On board video was an 808 #16 keychain camera, duct taped to the side of the rocket (you can see it in the video). Launch pad video was a GoPro Hero 3+ shooting at 1080P 60FPS

Well the slow motion was simply outstanding. I've used Vegas Video but don't think I've every had such a fluid clear slow motion from video captured. Very well done!

Way too cool flights Tom...
Get it,, too,, there were two flights,, aww fergit it...lol...

Love that whistlin Frenzy and don't blink Punisher...

Teddy

Thanks Teddy. I don't have video of my other two flights because I didn't set up my camera on Friday and my batteries died before I could CATO my MD.

But the Frenzy did have a nice whistle to it didn't it? Those were it's first two flights that weekend so I wasn't sure what to expect from it.

As for the punisher, easily my favorite motor for that rocket. Loved the K740 ever since I got my L2 with it. C-star is a wonderful propellant.

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1460991333.821611.jpg

Well the slow motion was simply outstanding. I've used Vegas Video but don't think I've every had such a fluid clear slow motion from video captured. Very well done!

The frame rate is the key to slow mo. I noticed in my video it's a little choppy, but that's from playing 60FPS at 1/4 playback. So you really see 15FPS in the video, which is not very smooth at all. If I were to record in 720P, I can up my frame rate to 120FPS, making 1/4 speed playback 30FPS which is nice and smooth.

Does anyone know where I can find the pictures that were being taken form the weekend?

Who does that Rocketry Live website? I want to thank them for taking such amazing photos of my MD CATO. They also had great shots of my Frenzy XL and Punisher.

I don't know who he is, he got some awesome shots of ThisEndUp for which I am forever in his debt. I forgot to bring a camera on Sunday so I had only my crappy cell phone pictures. So whoever you are thank you.

Back