Red Glare XVIII New Official Web Site

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on the level 3 Mary Beth...
That sure was a picture perfect flight....

Teddy

I'm still confused. Demolition? As in, they were going to throw it away? Or it was designed to blow up? I'm lost....

I'm still confused. Demolition? As in, they were going to throw it away? Or it was designed to blow up? I'm lost....

Demo = Demonstration. The M6000 Super Thunder is not certified and cannot be sold yet. As such, it was flown by Mary Beth as a demonstration of an uncertified motor at Red Glare to incite interest. The resulting motor CATO'd, so I took the opportunity to joke that "demo" means "demolition" instead of "demonstration."

Demo = Demonstration. The M6000 Super Thunder is not certified and cannot be sold yet. As such, it was flown by Mary Beth as a demonstration of an uncertified motor at Red Glare to incite interest. The resulting motor CATO'd, so I took the opportunity to joke that "demo" means "demolition" instead of "demonstration."

ouch. Not sure how much "interest" it incited. However kudo's to her for flying it, regardless of the outcome!

It truly is a shame it over-pressurized...
You should have seen it rock off the pad....

Sure was one heck of a rockin flight attempt Mary Beth....
I'm really sorry for the outcome though....

Teddy

Thanks Teddy!

That lift off was actually kinda funny Mary Beth...
It was a really big rocket and it left the pad like a minimum diameter 38 mm rocket on a Warp 9 load,,, lol....

It was still super cool to watch....

Hey,, if you have to lose your level 3 rocket that's the way to do it,,, lol...

Teddy

Did they ever blow up??

Did anybody get pictures or video of that M6000 flight? I had to miss Sunday and I heard it was pretty spectacular...definitely in the "really cool" category.

Yea, I really, really would love to have a video of my rocket blowing up! 🚀💥🔥💥🚀

Time for some pictures:

One of the Away Cell line ups from Sunday afternoon:

Away Cell Rack-1.jpg

Left to Right:
Jerry O's Muck Farm Flier on a N-3800 EX White
Johnny B's 10" Dia Bull Pup on a M1350
My 3/4 Scale Nike Smoke on 3-M1450 EX White Loads

Nike Smoke 1-ignite.jpg

The 3 76-6000 motors coming up to pressure on some home made pellets

Nike Smoke lift off.jpg

Successful ignition of all 3 motors and on her way to 6700'

Thanks to Mitch Guess for the photo's

[YOUTUBE]7KBOTKNSAPA[/YOUTUBE]

Your Nike Smoke flight.

Thanks for posting the video. When Neil was pushing the button all I was hoping was all 3 motors would lite. It's nice to see it again now that I'm relaxed and all went as planned.

Thanks for posting the video. When Neil was pushing the button all I was hoping was all 3 motors would lite. It's nice to see it again now that I'm relaxed and all went as planned.

Scott,,
I don't know what you used to light em
but those 3 seemed to light almost simultaneously...
That was an absolutely smokin flight...
Congrats man...

Teddy

I've already posted this on the club facebook page but this for the folks that dont venture there. This flight was to 5400 feet.

[video=youtube;bwcyQjhMmhs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwcyQjhMmhs[/video]

Yep... That was a teleport. It didn't fail... It simply teleported into another dimension.

Back