Red Glare XVIII New Official Web Site

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope everyone got their raffles tickets. I was just handed 6 complete 20V drill / driver sets from DeWALT. Nice small sized drill that packs a lot of power, 2 - 20V Lion Batteries and a charger. Very Nice!!

Hope you guys get to fly today, I may be there later tomorrow to pick up cert motor and case, and drop the trailer off.

Hopefully this is not inappropriate.
It seems there are often people selling EX supplies on site. I know it is a stretch, but anyone with 400 micron AP (or anything else interesting) could PM me. I hope to be there (briefly) around 9 or 9:30 Saturday morning.
Thanks,
Matt

Had a great day today. Five flights 2Ks, I, 2Gs. Long walks, but all recovered.

Well, I launched five rockets, and damaged five rockets. One is a major rebuild, one may be irreparable (don't know yet), two need some simple fixes, and one will fly as is (a little chip out of the edge of the payload tube).

I also pulled a groin muscle and rubbed blisters on both ankles. But I had a great time.

I'm staying with family about 90 minutes away, and we had rain and sleet all night. Planning on going today, but wondering if the mini van will make it through the mud! We'll see. :)

Skipped today with rain. Anyone at the field today?

Yep. It was rainy and snowy until well past mid day. Some young folks sent up a few estes BP rockets before I left. Spent some $ at the Wildman trailer, then home again.

Looked like there might have been a break in the weather early afternoon, but wet and muddy would sum up the day.

Looks like the rain and snow is moving out and all that will be left is the cold weather. Expecting lots of sun with low winds tomorrow, should be a great day for flying. The parking area was holding up well so hopefully no stuck vehicles tomorrow.

See you at the field.

Low winds + clear skies + last day at Higgs farm = lots of big rockets and high flights!

looks like the weather finally took a turn for the better, hope you guys can poke some serious holes in the sky today!

Today was absolutely awesome, the pads were full all day long and the away cells had heavy usage for the big stuff. I got three flights in with my Madcow Sensor all over 6000 ft. Clear blue sky's with some occasional fluffy clouds.

First picture is my rocket on the pad. The second one is Tom Cohen's drag race near the end of the day.
RG18-ThisEndUp.jpg

RG18-Cohen-Drag-Race.jpg

Thank you!Unfortunately no, after I did my L3, I did a demo motor which proceeded to blow my rocket up "spectacular " as Crazy Jim says. All of the electronics to say the least were not up to the standards to fly again. Hoping Bill can do he's L3 at NYPOWER or in the fall do at MDRA!

Congrats! Seen you're level 3. Was gone a little after 1pm, not sure if one of the booms I heard was yours or if it happened much later.

I did my L3, got my L3. Recovered it and did a Aerotech demo motor a M6000ST super thunder!

Okay, I'm dumb. What's a "demo" motor?

Sorry about Bill. He must love you a lot to let you go first!

When I flew Loki demos, they were basically provided for free to show them off and in my case to verify the delay times.

Back