"Bells On" - 98mm MD (40K NXRS Project)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
However- You opened this thread with this line-
Still hung up on this topic, eh? Man, some people really never let things go.

Maybe some day you'll grow up, maybe some day you won't.
You call me immature, yet an internet troll who admits he's unqualified to judge me and instead feels like sitting there criticizing me on an open forum doesn't consider himself immature?

If I was trolling you, I'd have filled this thread with images of plane crashes,chicken wings and swiss cheese or something.
Well, you kind of did that earlier on.

Nice boost. I think it's the right rocket.
Yep, that's the one. GREAT shot!!

Wilson, you, Manny and Steve should really take a look at this thread: https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?134626-Going-for-100-000-Feet. Here is a person that has opinions yes, but is open-minded regarding learning. He is humble, non-defensive, open to sharing and has a positive demeanor in his posts. Then, in turn, look at the support this person is getting from the TRF community, as financial aid to his project, yes, but more importantly the overall respect and positive responses he receives from both the new and old ones on this forum. As Winston Churchill said, "Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference."

BTW, I had a similar discussion with Manny face-to-face on Tim Lehr's porch with a couple other senior QCRS members at MMWP. Manny, although biting his tongue, overall took it well. I have told my 24-year old son the same thing, associating yourself with the right people and learning from mentors when young can either lead to high trajectory and huge success in life--while doing the opposite will likely lead to underachievement. Moral: pick the right path early in life.
OK...say what you want...

He had two pads set up. One was a tower (which it looks like this one is from) and a rail (the handtruck one). They both had orange tie downs.
Exactly right - Bells On flew out of my MD tower on the left. Both pads use standard orange Home Depot (ratcheting) tie-downs.

So that's it. I'm done now. If you want to get in touch with me, either head to my website (which will now be updated more frequently) or drop me an email because I won't be on TRF. I've had enough of this crap.

You call me immature, yet an internet troll who admits he's unqualified to judge me and instead feels like sitting there criticizing me on an open forum doesn't consider himself immature?

Well, you kind of did that earlier on.

Yep, that's the one. GREAT shot!!

OK...say what you want...

Exactly right - Bells On flew out of my MD tower on the left. Both pads use standard orange Home Depot (ratcheting) tie-downs.

Welcome back!

Wilson, I would like to ask a question about your flight. Please understand this is not an attack on you or your rocketry skills, I am just trying to learn from others.

I noticed it was mentioned that the shock cord snapped and therefore the fin can was not recovered. Do you know why the shock cord snapped? Was the deployment a little early or late?

Again, let me state this is not an attack. I do not know you personally so I have no reason to attack you. I have had recovery failures in the past and am trying to learn everything I can about recovery.

I'd have no problem letting it go once you apologize to everyone here for being dismissive of other people's efforts.

Until that happens, that statement will haunt you and cloud the opinion of every single person who's seen it.

I'd have no problem letting it go once you apologize to everyone here for being dismissive of other people's efforts. Until that happens, that statement will haunt you and cloud the opinion of every single person who's seen it.

Why do you feel he owes you an apology, its the internets, deal with it. Don't get me wrong, I called him out on it too, please see attached JPG. It gets a little old when you rehash the same **** over and over and over. You made your point here clear, now leave it be!

Post 15.jpg

This has been a wild ride. I think a lot of you need to up your panty game as you seem to have a bunching problem. This is very off pudding.

[video=youtube;efjEOZXbbOg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efjEOZXbbOg[/video]

Last edited:
^ OMG... that is one helluva sound bite right there ... almost fell of the chair laughing. (nothing to do with this thread at all... just that video snip)

Back