Video editing software for 'movies'?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McKailas Dad

Reaction score
I've used 'AVS' for a while, and I see someone here has used 'Video Pad'.

Part of the reason I chose AVS, is because it allows me to rotate videos. Some phone videos show up sideways, and those are annoying :/

So I'm wondering, who uses what for making movies from video clips?

I use MS Movie Maker for my youtube videos.. it's not fancy, but it does the job. It looks like it does allow for rotating videos, although I've never used it.

The one thing I would like to find is to be able to do split screen, or picture in picture type. I always thought it would be cool to PIP the onboard camera with the ground footage.

I don't do it as much anymore, but I used to have 2-3 cameras set up at launches, not including the onboard. Made for some pretty sweet videos, that I would spend -way too much- time on making, but I enjoyed it!

I've used 'AVS' for a while, and I see someone here has used 'Video Pad'.

Part of the reason I chose AVS, is because it allows me to rotate videos. Some phone videos show up sideways, and those are annoying :/

So I'm wondering, who uses what for making movies from video clips?

I have very little experience, but after a few YouTube videos I got my head around using Mac iMovie 10.1.1 and made the following. I have not made any other movies or used any other application so I have nothing to compare it to.

[video=youtube;N4L0TyW7xV8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4L0TyW7xV8[/video]

Last edited:
I have very little experience, but after a few YouTube videos I got my head around using Mac iMovie 10.1.1 and made the following. I have not made any other movies or used any other application so I have nothing to compare it to.

[video=youtube;N4L0TyW7xV8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4L0TyW7xV8[/video]

That turned out pretty sweet!

Though 'normal' rocket videos are pretty cool, I like the ones that are edited and more professional looking. I like how you 4xed the decent, who really wants to watch 2 minutes of free fall?

The details/credits were a nice touch, always nice to put a name with the picture, so to speak.

I've always been a fan of Vegas video. Now I use the lighter version vs pro due to the cost, but it came with sound forge and I really like that too. Both now are by Sony vs sonic foundry.

I've always been a fan of Vegas video. Now I use the lighter version vs pro due to the cost, but it came with sound forge and I really like that too. Both now are by Sony vs sonic foundry.

+1 for Vegas Video!!

Back