• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Estes Honest John K-27 or 1227

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kruegon

Reaction score
Looking at the instructions it's going to be difficult to reproduce the spacer rings accurately for this one. If I can locate an affordable kit, it'd be much easier. Anyone got a spare they are willing to part with?

That is the maxi-brute version, right?

I have a kit in storage. I can check if I have the spacer rings tomorrow. I could mail them to you or scan them to pdf and email if you are in a hurry.

Reply or PM, if interested, and I'll check.
NikeMikey

No. This is the very first kit Estes made. Uses a BT-50 with a two stepped nose cone.

Well, I ordered the BMS nose cone. I also ordered the cr5055 to try on the forward shroud. No go. It's too big OD. Any leads on a replacement idea since no one seems to have a lot available?

I'll start working on the Fins soon. I just need to get this shroud ring figured out, or find a kit.

The CR5055 is not correct. The OD is greater than the available space. It seems it is either a 5052 or a specific custom size. If anyone has a lot for sale, I'm still interested. If someone has a kit and will just provide the ring size, that would be fine too. At least I could get it right that way.

No. This is the very first kit Estes made. Uses a BT-50 with a two stepped nose cone.

I had that kit, and a real favorite. I ordered it and some other things on an Estes factory tour on 3/12/66, which was 50 years ago last Saturday. :)

I had that kit, and a real favorite. I ordered it and some other things on an Estes factory tour on 3/12/66, which was 50 years ago last Saturday. :)
OMG! Has it really been 50 years???! Day-um! No wonder I have so much "rocket crap" (to qoute the Viking Princess)!

Here is a scan of a color slide I shot while on the Estes tour. Thess ladies were processing my order.

image.jpeg

Good luck with this.

Built one back in the 70's, and lost it almost immediately. I still think about it though.

Here is a scan of a color slide I shot while on the Estes tour. Thess ladies were processing my order.

View attachment 285496

I asked a friend at Estes about the photo... Here's what I got back:

The one on the left is Diana White. Diana worked here for a very long time, was our shipping manager for approximately 20 years and continued to work here until her death in the early 90s. She passed away on the job from a brain hemorrhage. Her sister, worked here as well and retired in in about 2009. They were/are lovely ladies.

K'Tesh,

Thanks for the info on Diana White. My memories of the tour are a bit faded after so long of a time, other than remembering how nice everyone was to us kids.

Back