WANTED: Blackhawk R&D SA-5 Gammon Plans/Templates

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TopRamen

SA-5
Reaction score
Apparently, from what little I could find, this kit was only offered for a short time, 2002ish.
I'd really like to build one.
The only info I could find about it was on rocketreviews.
If anyone has an unbuilt kit they would like to part with or scans of the parts or whatever, I'd sure like to get my hands on them.
I could even imagine a scenario where someone lends me the kit for a small fee, so that I can take all the measurements, and then I'd pack it back up and return it.
It's well known that I have had an affinity for the S200 Angara/SA-5 Gammon design, but scratch building one without any plans whatsoever does not interest me right now, so if I could get a set of detailed plans, I'de be most grateful.

I'd like to downscale it to MPR standards, likely a 2.6" build.

I don't expect much to come of this request, but I have to put it out there, because someday, and somehow, I will eventually have my very own SA-5.:)

https://www.rocketreviews.com/unknown-sa-5-gammon.html

Last edited:
If there was only a way to convert the Rocksim file to an Openrocket file, I'd be all set.

On second thought, after doing more research, and finding that others have built smaller versions and flown them successfully, I've decided to just go ahead and scratch build my own.
I managed to find enough detailed drawings and photographs that it will be quite doable once I have a work area.
For now I can find my measurements and make my templates at least.

Thanks for looking anyhow!:)

I managed to get started on my .ork file, but thanks for the SAAB RB05, as I may want to build one of those someday too.

View attachment SA-5 Gammon.ork
SA-5gammon.jpg

I'll be basing my build off of this drawing.
s-200 COPYCOPYCOPY.jpg

Openrocket will not accurately simulate this build, so it will be mostly mindsim and common sense.

Last edited:
Sorry about that, I saw Blackhawk something 5 and thought I had one.

While it would be nice to have a "Scale" model, this will only be "Sort of Scale" or I guess what they call "Sport Scale".
I can't do math, and infact I hate math, so even if I had the exact dimensions of the real deal, I'd never be able to scale down the numbers. This one I'll simply eyeball, and we'll see how she turns out.:wink:

Be awhile yet anyhow before I have enough room to build it.

Back