How do you override CG in OpenRocket?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bat-mite

Rocketeer in MD
Reaction score
My sim was amazingly accurate, but the CG is off by an inch. Is there a way to override the CG location?

I generally do it by selecting the body tube, then going to the "Override" tab, and underneath Override Mass is Override CG.

I tried that, but I can't get the total rocket CG where I want it. Is there a CG override for the entire vehicle?

I generally do it by selecting the body tube, then going to the "Override" tab, and underneath Override Mass is Override CG.

Exactly, just remember to check the box that says "override all subcomponents" or some such thing

The highest level component for which you can override the CG is the stage. Overriding the CG of the stage on a single-stage rocket will override the CG of the rocket.

The highest level component for which you can override the CG is the stage. Overriding the CG of the stage on a single-stage rocket will override the CG of the rocket.

Oh, by clicking on "Sustainer".
Yes, that lets you put your CG anywhere on the entire length of the model.

I went and tried that to see what you meant. I have only needed to tweek CG a couple of times, and only by 2 inches or so.
Next time I need to do it I'll use this method.

Back