Slimline quik-lok vs Aeropack quick change retainers

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

321_BlastOff

Reaction score
Would anyone happen to have the weight on these two retainers in 38mm? I'm planning a build and trying to save weight anywhere I can. Thanks for your help.

I would recommend contacting those companies and asking them directly for the weight, since I cannot find it on their sites.

Would anyone happen to have the weight on these two retainers in 38mm? I'm planning a build and trying to save weight anywhere I can. Thanks for your help.

If you don't mind snap rings the Slimline Classic retainer is probably the lightest of all. It works with AT and CTI cases. Unfortunately I don't have one to get the weight from.

I have both downstairs, I will check them out. The slimline snap ring will be somewhat lighter than either of the other two. It is also easy to recess into a boatail for the smooth flow.

I'll never know why the snap ring Slim Lines aren't more popular. The ones I have have never given me a lick of trouble.

I stand corrected, the Aero Pack 38 comes in at 20.7 grams. The slimline without the quick lock ring (I could not find mine) 23.3 grams. The Slimline is quite a bit larger.
I use both, but the slimlines I like the best. Tim

Thanks guys, I'm going to call and try to find out the weight in the slimline classic today. I will post it's weight when I find it

Back