No NSL 2016 thread?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Corky and I are staying at the Ambassador Inn, room 617 if anyone wants to hang out. Probably going to Logan's for dinner later..... Tonight we are prepping the big Goony Bird for it's maiden flight tomorrow. I'll try to post a picture of it later.

IMG_5807.JPG

This rocket design showed up in another thread somewhere colored orange IIRC. Here it is in two different sizes. Sorry, I don't remember his name at the moment, maybe when I get the videos edited, because I think I got a flight shot. These flew exceptionally well, although, the big one bit the dust.

1.jpg

3.jpg

Here is a flight of my Estes Ascender:
[youtube]aktA5WqrEMs[/youtube]

The pointy rocket was built and flown by Scott Taylor. It was featured on the cover on the March 2016 issue of Sport Rocketry. He's brought it out to the last 8 Southern Thunders and usually parks next to me.

WOW, he got the complete flight of my Estes Elliptic Dual Deploy 2-Stage rocket in pictures! :cool:

Bummer, looks like that big goony Interceptor was not stable, made nice pictures of horizontal flight though......

Frank

Bummer, looks like that big goony Interceptor was not stable, made nice pictures of horizontal flight though......

Frank

Yeah, stability was not its strong suit. It crashed and lots of fins/winglets broke off but the main part of the body was mostly (maybe completely) unscathed. My guess is that it will take to the skies again in the future...preferably with more nose weight.

Yeah, and how did you get to be the star attraction this year? He took a lot of pics of you.

Leo was doing some really cool, innovative stuff so I'm not surprised that he garnered a good bit of attention from all the cameras present. :)

Leo was doing some really cool, innovative stuff so I'm not surprised that he garnered a good bit of attention from all the cameras present. :)

Just a little ribbing for Leo. I know what it was all about. The camera likes him. He'll look great in "Sport Rocketry" magazine.

Kevin Boyd's photos from day 3 of NSL: Monday May 30

One of mine made the cut! It's the unpainted Blue Phenix 4 which was flying on a K375NW. It topped out at 7,589 feet and max speed was mach 1.05.

ALSO: Please be sure to check out Whitney's (BayouRat) pics & video links on the other active NSL thread.

Here is a video I made from a few pictures and videos that I had taken at the event.

[YOUTUBE]R-E2Av9sCTE[/YOUTUBE]

Excellent video Leo! I love what you've done with the low power dual deploy flights you've made. We were hoping to make NSL, and would loved to have witnessed those flights in person. But, some things came up that prevented us from making the trip.

Excellent video Leo! I love what you've done with the low power dual deploy flights you've made. We were hoping to make NSL, and would loved to have witnessed those flights in person. But, some things came up that prevented us from making the trip.

Sorry you couldn't make it.

I'm still trying to find a video of my Coldpower flight. No luck so far.

I finally got around to uploading what vids I took on YouTube. Enjoy.

[video=youtube;V1ZjZ2znmEY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1ZjZ2znmEY[/video]

Back