No NSL 2016 thread?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My goal is to have my L3 rocket ready for this event. It's a Polecat Thumper (10" diameter version w/ optional DD section). Work has been absolutely insane this year so I really haven't even started it. I see a light at the end of the workload tunnel, however. My work hours should go down considerably after the middle of this month.

Outside of my L3, I plan to fly my "old reliable" Blue Phenix 4 (probably on a K375NW)

I've also been itching to put my LOC Weasel up on a G250.

Oh, and I *must* fly my Woket 24" saucer on another J244. That thing is just too much fun to leave at home!

I might be talked into bringing my HPR 2 stager (wildman vindicator jr), but I'm worried about recovery. The trees and I in Manchester do not have a good track record.

However, I actually have to build the thing first :)

I might be talked into bringing my HPR 2 stager (wildman vindicator jr), but I'm worried about recovery. The trees and I in Manchester do not have a good track record.

However, I actually have to build the thing first :)

Get it built. Bring it. We'll evaluate the winds before you put it up.

So we're now about 6 weeks from NSL and still no online registration yet.

Has anyone here heard any scuttlebutt about when registration will open?

Thanks for being the liaison on this.

Another question: Per the schedule, Friday is set-up day and there is, of course, no flying. But will flyers be allowed onto the field Friday to set up their pop-ups/tables, etc..? Or, if not, what's the earliest we should arrive on Saturday? When it comes to rocket prep I tend to be slow and deliberate, so I like to get my area set up before waivers open. Some bigger launches do allow early access to the flyers area; others, however, do not so I thought I should ask.

Also, as a member of SoAR, I know that we've been asked to help out with manning the various volunteer positions. Is there going to be a sign-up sheet posted for this?

I hope I am not posting this in the wrong thread but is there a list of vendors that will attend NSL. I would like to buy an engine for my level 1 attempt. I would like to buy it ahead of time and have it delivered to the event. I am thinking a H123-7 or 8 or similar for the attempt and the rocket is a DX3. Any info would be greatly appreciated .

Thanks

If this post is in the wrong place please delete it. Thanks again

I hope I am not posting this in the wrong thread but is there a list of vendors that will attend NSL. I would like to buy an engine for my level 1 attempt. I would like to buy it ahead of time and have it delivered to the event. I am thinking a H123-7 or 8 or similar for the attempt and the rocket is a DX3. Any info would be greatly appreciated .

Thanks

If this post is in the wrong place please delete it. Thanks again

I'm onsite as a vendor. Email me [email protected]

Hey, All. I've heard that there are some questions about NSL. I'm happy to answer them.

Any family rates? No. Just 1, 2, or 3 day individual registrations.

Range Signup? It's not online. We'll have a range duty sheet at the Registration Table.

When can folks set up at the field? Friday evening. Spaces will be reserved for HARA and MC2 Equipment Trailers and Vendors. Folks can stake out spots Friday evening and can leave pop-ups and chairs on the field. No camping allowed.

What else?

I'll try to check in bit more regularly between now and NSL, to answer other questions. If anyone needs to contact me directly, I'm at chuckATrocketcityrocketry.com (Beware, I have a spam blocker, so expect a challenge question if you send me an email).

Chuck Pierce
HARA President
NSL Launch Director

We're on the home stretch. It looks like everything has come together. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend and having an enjoyable NSL.

Chuck
NSL Launch Director

We're on the home stretch. It looks like everything has come together. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend and having an enjoyable NSL.

Likewise, sir.

I started making a check list and so far have 23 birds on the list to bring down. I hope to do LOTS of flying, even though I'm only around for 2 days.

I have never been to Manchester, will there be someone selling food or should I plan to feed me?

I'll be there only one day... Most likely Monday unless the forecast is bad. If anyone is looking for me to throw things at me, I'll be wearing a black QCRS/Midwest Power 13 t shirt.

Hi All,

I'm a TRA member thinking about going for L2 at NSL. Are there any prefects hanging around this thread who might be willing to administer a test and watch a cert flight? Or somebody else who might be able to point me toward one? Thanks in advance.

-- Max
TRA #6731

Hi All,

I'm a TRA member thinking about going for L2 at NSL. Are there any prefects hanging around this thread who might be willing to administer a test and watch a cert flight? Or somebody else who might be able to point me toward one? Thanks in advance.

-- Max
TRA #6731

Come see me at Chris' Rocket Supplies. I'll help you out.

Art Woodling is the Prefect of Tripoli Huntsville and will be at NSL all three days.

Chuck

I just came in from Germany last evening. Now to do some prep work, not much time...
On Friday I'm heading to Manchester.

Welcome, LEO! I look forward to meeting you this weekend.

Chuck
NSL Launch Director

For those who'd like to get a head-start on launching on Saturday, we'll have a registration session, Friday, 6-8 pm, in the breakfast area at the Ambassador Inn. Unfortunately, we won't have the NSL t-shirts until Friday morning though.

Following the Registration session, I'll conduct a Range Management Meeting for those wishing to help with range duties. We'll also start assigning Range Duty slots at this time.

Chuck Pierce
NSL Launch Director

a registration session, Friday, 6-8 pm, in the breakfast area at the Ambassador Inn. Unfortunately, we won't have the NSL t-shirts until Friday morning though.
Chuck Pierce
NSL Launch Director

Did you mean to say "Tee Shirts until Saturday morning?" If so, that's no biggie. They'll sell.

WOW, what a tough drive this was! Calculated 5 hours turned into 7 1/2 hours.

But I have arrived, registration complete plus T-shirt in my hand.

Now to eat and sleep :)

We had to change plans and set up the range on the SE side of the field, due to land owner watering the western field all weekend.

The range has been established and will open at 9am.

...This is NSL Launch Control...

Back