Post moved by admin, content lost?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 24915

Reaction score
I posted a thread with some questions yesterday and it looks like i probably did something wrong, i dont really know what but when I typed in the thread's link it showed me this:
Screenshot (72).jpgand when clicking on it, this:Screenshot (71).jpg
How can i get my content back, and were should i post it?

What topic was the question on? If it was about experimental motors and formulas, it was moved to the research forum. You have to apply to be in there (instructions are here), basically by showign that you are L1 certified and a US citizen, and then you can have access to there.

If it wasn't about research motors, I don't know. :)

If I recall correctly, it was about non-commercial propellant sources. Due to US laws and regulations, we cannot discuss noon-commercial (i.e., "experimental") motor formulas on the open forums. As others have noted, if you are a TRA Level 1 certified member and a US citizen, you can apply to join the experimental motors forum.

Actually access to the research forum does not require just TRA certs, NAR certs are permissible as well. However according to the OP they are not a US Citizen and as such can not access the Restricted: Research section.

Now I'm intrigued and excited about gaining access. I'm a level 1, in the process of renewing my UKRA membership, But I'm a UK citizen. Does that disqualify me from gaining access?
If not, please let me in.
If so, please tell me why?

Best regards,

SO.

There was a recent and long thread beating this topic to death. You may want to search for it.

Now I'm intrigued and excited about gaining access. I'm a level 1, in the process of renewing my UKRA membership, But I'm a UK citizen. Does that disqualify me from gaining access?
If not, please let me in.
If so, please tell me why?

Best regards,

SO.

Best bet is to PM Bob Krech, as iirc he is the Reasearch forum admin.

Due to US laws and regulations, we cannot discuss noon-commercial (i.e., "experimental") motor formulas on the open forums.

I'm not in any way trying to stir trouble, but, which US law and regulations apply? I know it is against TRF rules, but, was unaware of it being a federal issue.

ITAR

if you can survive reading it, post again! Deadly booring and long winded.

International Traffic in Arms Regulations. It prohibits US citizens from exporting to foreign nationals any information that could be utilized for making weapons. Since experimental motors can use explosives, the TRF admins are concerned that anything posted to this site that could be construed as how to make a weapon, and is subsequently read by a foreign national, could legally be considered an export. Since TRF doesn't have an ITAR exemption (that big DoD companies like Lockheed, Northrop and Boeing do), they could be fined, arrested, and the site shut down.

I tried to read some of the ITAR last night, but, yea, as stated, long winded and boring. Thank you for simplifying it in layman's terms John.

International Traffic in Arms Regulations. It prohibits US citizens from exporting to foreign nationals any information that could be utilized for making weapons. Since experimental motors can use explosives, the TRF admins are concerned that anything posted to this site that could be construed as how to make a weapon, and is subsequently read by a foreign national, could legally be considered an export. Since TRF doesn't have an ITAR exemption (that big DoD companies like Lockheed, Northrop and Boeing do), they could be fined, arrested, and the site shut down.
Accurate summary except there are no exemptions from ITAR. https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/compliance/consent_agreements.html Take a look at the ITAR consent decree fines assessed to the big DoD contracting companies (and don't forget these companies have fully staffed compliance and legal departments to avoid ITAR issues and they still got nailed)......so I hope you can begin to understand our concern.

Bob

Back