Quest and Aerotech @ Hobbylinc

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hobbylinc is a good place to buy rocket stuff. I got the apollo 11 estes 2157 a couple of years ago from them for cheap. But thanks to your posting these links all the stuff I want is sold out! Just kidding. I hope they aren't selling their way out of the rocket biz.

End of season closeout...I hope.

But we are nearing the beginning of rocket flying season.

You don't sell everything including engines at drastically reduced "Clearance" prices due kits changing to rail buttons.

Temporary and restrained joy at low prices for what is left, bigger concerns otherwise.

Last edited:
I got all excited when I saw the D21-7 SU Aerotech motor for $8.99, but then saw that it was also "Discontinued".

Two of those would be just the ticket for my TLP TAN-SAM.

I think the rail buttons are in reference to the new Monstra 38mm kit being introduced soon, rather than the current line of 29mm rocket kits.

You don't sell everything including engines at drastically reduced "Clearance" prices due kits changing to rail buttons.

Temporary and restrained joy at low prices for what is left, bigger concerns otherwise.
Exactly. I'm sure others have noticed that they've greatly reduced the number of Aerotech reloads over time and since Quest is now owned by Aerotech, worst case is that perhaps they're fed up with Aerotech for some reason and will no longer carry anything made by them.

EDIT: Or, as with the ValueRockets motor sales site, Aerotech might be switching entirely to direct retail sales (with no discounts). And as for any kit on sale I don't already have and would have bought:

[video=youtube;DNLob2E_Q5s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNLob2E_Q5s[/video]

Last edited:
A lot of their Estes kits are on clearance as well. Big Daddy was around 16 I think. Both Berthas on clearance too.

I wouldn't read too much into it. They run clearance specials all the time. I just ordered some AP motors, and a Solar Warrior backup since those are only 8 dollars now. Almost ready to buy a 29mm reload casing kit........almost.

Last edited:
I took a second look, and had to call them to add this to my order. Estes PSII Nike Smoke for 28 dollars. Friggen SCORE.

Ordered a Mega Der Red Max.

Cheapest I've seen them so far at $39.39.

I kind of wish you hadn't pointed that out, because I just spent more money. I ordered that, plus a PSII Nike Smoke (for $28!), as well as the new Indicator and reissued Comanche-3. I had to order some polycarbonate paints for painting RC car bodies anyway, and they have better prices & color selection than the LHS does. So, hopefully this will be enough for a while...

I kind of wish you hadn't pointed that out, because I just spent more money. I ordered that, plus a PSII Nike Smoke (for $28!), as well as the new Indicator and reissued Comanche-3. I had to order some polycarbonate paints for painting RC car bodies anyway, and they have better prices & color selection than the LHS does. So, hopefully this will be enough for a while...

And check the price of single use G motors for it. Or G64 reloads for under $10. (If there are any left).

I thought I saw the same when AT started coming out with the new aluminum retainers in the kits...seemed like there was a similar sale just before. IDK...I could be wrong. Does happen. :)

BTW - ESTES PSII SU motors at 70%+ off. Note that inventory status on the site may not be up to date. YMMV

I just had an email from Hobby Link they are not getting out of the rocketry business. Just having a mid winter sale.

Wow. I seem to be enabling the sickness. LOL Sorry I said anything.

There are several Estes kits I want but I have a box full waiting to be built and then some. Sadly I have had to quit buying just because they are on sale, running out of room and haven't sent up a bird in a long time. I will be parting with some soon when I get the chance to see what I have.

However, that is not to say I can't trade. :D As in I may be willing to trade one of my unopened Leviathans for a Nike Smoke or Mega Der Red Max if anyone is interested. :wink:

Mike

I noticed the Red Max kits were on clearance. I should probably stock up on them, CC Express, Vanguard, and Big Daddy.

I figured most of it was warehouse clearing for inventory or something given how many just released stuff was in the sale. most weeks it's just three pages this week's 24 was something else. I got the Estes Odyssey, dark silver and a Fletcher to run on standard motors.

Back