X-15 Delta configuration RC Rocket Glider

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

burkefj

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I drug this out from the spare room and re-configured it for rocket glider again(I had had it set up as a pusher electric for a while) and did a flight on an E-12 aerotech motor, at 15 ounces it is a bit heavy for E-6's, the E-11 is a bit faster, nice straight boost, if not terribly high, but a nice glide, no bad habits. It's got about a 22" wingspan and about 54" long...This has a partial fuse, strake covers on the top, profile on the bottom, Nose and tail are the same scale as my X-15-2 Kit, the delta had a stretched fuse, so this is another foot or more longer...Flies nicely even though it has a pretty narrow wingspan for the length of the delta.

[video=youtube;sPmc2MPpMaQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPmc2MPpMaQ[/video]

Last edited:
Cool as always Frank! How I've been into rocketry so long (minus a bit) and not gotten involved with boost gliders, -especially- RC, I may never know. Hopefully once things settle down more, I may be able to pursue it!

Keen em coming! Very fun to watch, launching and flying them has got to be amazing...

Latest posts

Back