WTB: Medalist Launch Tower

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WFWalby

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Looking for a Medalist launch tower in good to excellent condition. Planning on attending NARAM this summer but need to practice. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a heap,
William

you may send email wfwalby-at-ucdavis.edu

I have a new, unassembled Medalist tower. I sent you an email regarding it but thought I'd leave you a note here as well. Other than being a bit dusty it's in excellent condition with all parts accounted for (as far as I can tell from the parts list).

If interested, make me an offer via PM or by replying to my email.

Thanks,

Tony.

William,

Thanks for getting back to me. Looks like the tower will find a good home unless shipping is a no-go. Those 48" long pieces are a bear to package.

Tony.

I'll mention that I too am interested in getting a Medalist Tower.

So if anyone else is willing to sell one, please PM me.

- George Gassaway

Would like to publicly thank Tony for prompt shipment of the Medalist Tower. It arrived undamaged and as advertised. Thank you very much kind sir!!!
William

I have one in good shape, what do you want to offer for it ? Where do you live, I am guessing it would be easier and cheaper to ship unassembled

Wow why all the hopla over a launch tower, what is so special about it, any pics?

Adjustable from bt-5 to bt-80 (if not more), lightweight aluminum construction, relatively portable. It's pretty nice if you need the flexibility. I gave mine away years ago to the current NAR president.

kj

Medalist towels were an Apogee component item. They are pretty nice Light weight fully ajustable towers from BT-5 thru BT-80+. They do require a bit of launch rail alignment adjustment over time but not all that difficult to do.

Apogee Components 3-rail Tower-am_96 dpi_10-06.jpg

Would like to publicly thank Tony for prompt shipment of the Medalist Tower. It arrived undamaged and as advertised. Thank you very much kind sir!!!
William
Ok, a bit belated but a big 'You're Welcome' to William. It was a easy transaction.

For what it's worth my instruction manual was copyright 1996 Balsa Machining Service. I know BMS has it's own website now but I suppose it could have been sold by Apogee. Mine was part of a garage full of stuff I bought so I have no idea what the original source was.

Tony

Back