EggFinder LCD case -- Eggshell

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsrocketman

Reaction score
I recently finished assembling an Eggfinder transmitter and LCD kit. I wanted something different for a case so I borrowed some time on a 3D printer and after much trial and error, here's the end result. Power switch and programming button recessed in the top out of the way. Battery compartment for a 1000mah battery.
IMG_1922.jpgIMG_1923.jpgIMG_1924.jpg

Nice looking case, might be a good idea to put a button on for the function button (the one soldered to the board), I realized after assembling mine that the button was kind of necessary to operate the unit, so I had to de-solder it and add a momentary-on button from radio shack.

The Red button is the function/select/program button, and the Black button is the momentary on for the backlight, currently the battery box is not installed so there isn't a on/off switch yet, or the 2 d-rings for a strap to clip to. The case is a 6"x4"x2" from Radio Shack and its actually a bit narrow for the board the way I have it installed (unable to use 2 corner screws in box top nearest LCD), the antenna and lower corner screws keep the lid tight though.

EggfinderTRScase2.jpg

Last edited:
Back