Bottle Rocket!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ActingLikeAKid

Reaction score
As I was helping myself to a glass of Laphroiag last night, I noticed the round container that the Scotch bottle comes in. As I sipped, I picked up the cardboard tube and had a closer look. I started thinking about centering rings.... Has anyone ever built a rocket out of a liquor bottle "tube"? It looks to be nice heavy-duty cardboard....

Yes...several :) Some were even round...this one wasn't. The lower section is from Highland Park.

tarkus_ii 001_small.jpg

Not exactly but related .... Note: this is not mine. I snapped a pic of it at URRF II in 2014.

IMG_0325.jpg

Has anyone ever built a rocket out of a liquor bottle "tube"? It looks to be nice heavy-duty cardboard....
On the left, Double Whisky - a tube which previously contained a bottle of Glenmorangie and now contains a Deuces Wild style twin 18mm mount. On the right, Wee Dram, a moderately pricey rocket body tube which came with a free miniature bottle of whisky inside (have to get the priorities right :D). This one is powered by a 13mm motor.

doublewhisky.jpg 02weedram_small.jpg

On the left, Double Whisky - a tube which previously contained a bottle of Glenmorangie and now contains a Deuces Wild style twin 18mm mount. On the right, Wee Dram, a moderately pricey rocket body tube which came with a free miniature bottle of whisky inside (have to get the priorities right :D). This one is powered by a 13mm motor.

View attachment 282191 View attachment 282192

Love these! How did you make the nose cones? Did you make the centering rings yourself?

We aren't s'posed to drink and fly...but building is another thing!

I have found they come in a variety of sizes and can lend themselves to mating with other tubes and nose-cone like objects too.

Back