Sickness is in the Air

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwbullet

Obsessed with Rocketry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
Guys,

Wash you hands. I caught an illness this week that I could wish on no one. For two days, I could not fart with confidence.

It has been going through the local community with a vengeance.

Just a public service announcement.

You have my sympathies.

I recently returned from a trip overseas with a reasonably large sized group. Upon returning home my wife and I caught colds. Upon seeing a few other members of the group this week I discovered that nearly everyone in the group has had a similar experience. Either we all caught it on the bus tour, or we all caught it by being stuck in a metal tube with 300 other people for 12 hours there and 12 hours home.

My money is on the plane ride.

... For two days, I could not fart with confidence.

Sorry for your pain Chuck but that sentence makes me giggle every time I read it. Get Well Soon !

Several members of our neighborhood morning puppy patrol are under the weather as well.

It was meant for humor. I was not laughing at the time, but I can laugh at it now.

I was so worried at the time I almost when the the ER and I am a physician.

Guys,

Wash you hands. I caught an illness this week that I could wish on no one. For two days, I could not fart with confidence.

$hit through a screen door and not touch a wire.

Just finishing three weeks of hacking/coughing with some bronchial crud. Clearly not the same thing, but still not pleasant. My wife kicked me out of the bedroom it was so annoying. Doctor would not give antibiotics (which probably was a good thing) so just had to ride it out and hope it didn't move into pneumonia.

I sure do feel for ya Chuck,,
You make feel feel guilty I got such a chuckle off of that one....

Tanks man,,

Teddy

Hope you feel better soon! I spent all last week in Seattle like that. Just now stopping coughing and body is better

My adult daughter has had this for 6 days so far. Today has been good to her ''So far''. A couple of days ago she ate 2 peanut-butter & jelly sandwiches. The gas attack tore her up. We decided due to the imbalance of bacteria in her digestive tract and the naturally occurring bacteria in the pb of the pb&j had a fight. So if you have this stomach virus, be careful of what you eat.

Guys,

Addition to public service announcement:https://www.cdc.gov/norovirus/about/transmission.html

Went to a birthday party this past November and the Birthday girl was not feeling well. My wife and son got what you are describing a few days later. I was lucky did not get it. Found out about 75% of the people at the party got it. Good thing it doesn't last long!! The first 2 days are the worst and after that the stomach starts feeling better.

Thank heavens you didn't have to sneeze, eh?

Guys,

Just curious as a doctor did you get a flu shot? Glad your feeling better Chuck , Jim

I know survival school. I tool tropical and desert survival courses a few years ago. They taught us how to avoid illnesses like this....looks like I failed.

Chuck, you are not alone. I am sick as a dog right now. Actually started yesterday. Test results are I. And yes, it is officially influenza. Yay me. Pass the Tamiflu. I am miserable.

I recovered but it took a week. I still made the rocket launch over the weekend.

Well I am day 5 into a bronchial infection. Finally broke down and went to the Dr today.

Chuck, you are not alone. I am sick as a dog right now. Actually started yesterday. Test results are I. And yes, it is officially influenza. Yay me. Pass the Tamiflu. I am miserable.

Mark -> they don't mandate flu shots for you guys? We have to jump through hoops to not get one. It is essentially a condition of employment now.

Hey we have an Epic upgrade this weekend. Want to trade?

Got hit by something wicked two weeks ago and had it for a week - high fever and coughing but thankfully little stomach discomfort. The coughing is what gets me - my head feels like it's going to come apart after a day or two.

Guys,

Since turning 50 a half a dozen years ago, my wife told me these truths:

1. Never explain my role in starting the rumor that Paul was dead.
  2. Never again attempt to do The Dougie.
  3. Never buy hair products
  4. And Never Ever trust a fart again!

Glad you're feeling better.

Tom

Back