Airfest XXII

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBrown

Phoenix Driver
Reaction score
Airfest XXII will be held at the Rocket Pasture in Argonia over the long Labor Day weekend, September 2-5, 2016.

Like past years, Airfest will feature plenty of wide open recovery space, a 50,000'AGL waiver and plenty of friends and vendors. It's not too early to start making plans to attend.

Who's coming and what are you planning on flying this year?

Susan and I will be there. Would love to go for my L3. Need to start the process. Have some new electronics to fly (Eggtimer systems).

I may have to start a go fund me, so I can afford a motor to make the trip worth coming out to.

I'll be there! If all goes well I'll have an L3 cert rocket ready by then. Looking forward to seeing the wide open spaces again!

AirFest?!? I haven't even planned for Kloudburst yet!

Do have a new scratch build I may fly on a 2grain 98mm research motor. And hopefully my 2-Stage 2.6" Darkstar is done by then.

I'll be there fer sure....
I hope to have a new build completed by then but no guarantees....
No matter though,, I'll have some cool flights anyway...

Can't wait...

Teddy

I'll be there fer sure....
I hope to have a new build completed by then but no guarantees....
No matter though,, I'll have some cool flights anyway...

Can't wait...

Teddy

So I take it we kind of hooked you last year. All in all, it is a pretty good place to fly and experience cool flights!

I'm in! I'll have my usual assortment of low/mid pwr in tow. With gas as cheap as it is I need to get up there more this year.

So I take it we kind of hooked you last year. All in all, it is a pretty good place to fly and experience cool flights!

Are you kidding Bob,,
I left last year thinking up a build specifically for that launch....
That was such a fantastic time,, just the whole thing...
I'm from the east coast...
At that launch I don't think most even think about the waiver....
You have to REALLY try to come within 10K ft of it...
The flights,, the people,, the camaraderie.....
I told you and Lance in conversation last year,,,
I sure hope you guy's liked having me because your never getting rid of me know,, lol...

Teddy

I wouldn't miss it for nothing. Love meeting new people and catchin up with all the "old" friends I've made over the years. I'm going to try to break a mile (again)
I've done it twice before just never got the rocket(s) back to prove it.:facepalm:

I wouldn't miss it for nothing. Love meeting new people and catchin up with all the "old" friends I've made over the years. I'm going to try to break a mile (again)
I've done it twice before just never got the rocket(s) back to prove it.:facepalm:

Well darn Bill you ole reprobate......you can borrow my tracker this year!

Hope fully it will be far...far..away and we can sip Ice cold dew-drops on the way to recover. Heck by the time we find it......might not even care!!!

Maybe ya should just skip a mile and go for 2....third times the charm!:wink:
I will personally assist ya this year & that will guarantee havoc & mayhem.

Last year was a blast. I'll be sure to attend this year. Met some really cool people out there, and the kids had a blast.I'll be bringing a few K,L and M's. As far as M's as long as I pass L3.

Last year was too much fun to miss this year. I plan on bringing a couple of M's to fly my 10" polecat Goblin and Mongoose 75, L for my Wildman Jart 75. I also plan on volunteering more than I did last year, had a blast doing that also.

Well darn Bill you ole reprobate......you can borrow my tracker this year!

Hope fully it will be far...far..away and we can sip Ice cold dew-drops on the way to recover. Heck by the time we find it......might not even care!!!

Maybe ya should just skip a mile and go for 2....third times the charm!:wink:
I will personally assist ya this year & that will guarantee havoc & mayhem.

Thanks CJ, sounds like a plan! Im going for 10 grand+ now!

Now that's funny,,
I want to go with you two on that recovery...
That sounds like fun,,,lol...

Teddy

I wont be flying anything bigger this year then a M possibly. Last 2 years flown an O. Gonna take a step back this year. I got married at the end of last year, bought a new car, and moved to a new city and house.

I'll be there. Going to see how high a 4" punisher can really go.

This launch is my new "must go to" I have cleared my calendar for it indefinitely. Can't wait!!

Making my first return the the rocket pasture in a few years, and really looking forward to it!!!

Nothing physically large, but a couple of M and N motors, both research and commerical. Probably going to try out the new Wildman Falcon, give an N5800 a whirl in a non-metallic minimum diameter ship that stays under 50k', and a few other fun flyers. Can't wait!

-Eric-

Always my favorite weekend of the year!
3 flights planned this year.
J, K and M.
Hoping for a total altitude of just over 100K'.
Should be interesting!

Chris

I've been lucky enough to make it the last 2 years. Hopefully can get up there again this year and get my Level 3 knocked out.

Airfest XXII will be held at the Rocket Pasture in Argonia over the long Labor Day weekend, September 2-5, 2016.

Like past years, Airfest will feature plenty of wide open recovery space, a 50,000'AGL waiver and plenty of friends and vendors. It's not too early to start making plans to attend.

Who's coming and what are you planning on flying this year?

Of course I will be coming, wouldn't miss the best run launch of the year --- ANYWHERE. Working on a 4" minimal diameter, that would be good to bring. Now, if I can only convince a few more Minnesotans to join me, might just have to bring down a really big dumb rocket wasting time in somebody's barn......Hmmmmmm

Pretty sure I'll attend my first AIRFEST. This will be my big launch of the year, and I'm thinking also of a 4" punisher to build special.

All the talk of how cool it was last year this is definitely on my todo list.

Pretty sure I'll attend my first AIRFEST. This will be my big launch of the year, and I'm thinking also of a 4" punisher to build special.

All the talk of how cool it was last year this is definitely on my todo list.

I'd love to finally meet you Nick...
This is one of the great ones for the year...
Make it if you can for sure...

Teddy

I will be making another 2 stage flight with my 3" Darkstar. This time with a minimum diameter booster with a 7600 white. And maybe this time I will shorten the staging delay. Pretty sure the 12 seconds from last years flight was a bit long?!?

I was at last year's AF and loved it and I would really like to be there again this year, but it's not going to happen. I own a home built in the early 1980's and the money pit's tummy is rumbling. I believe it's going to demand a new roof and HVAC system this year so fundage for long rocket trips is a no-go.

Being a responsible adult sucks sometimes. :(

Back