Airfest XXII

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Teddy...don't have an Arcus heart attack:

We're bring the 1/3 scale Sparrow -Arcus 2 stage and flying on a full stack of 54mm 4 grain- K-1103-X..... to a 6 grain 29mm H-399 WT

OI000009.jpg

Should be veerrryy interesting. Lot of fuel in a tiny rocket.

Teddy...don't have an Arcus heart attack:

We're bring the 1/3 scale Sparrow -Arcus 2 stage and flying on a full stack of 54mm 4 grain- K-1103-X..... to a 6 grain 29mm H-399 WT

View attachment 300153

Should be veerrryy interesting. Lot of fuel in a tiny rocket.

WWWooooooooooooo....
What's cookin Jimbo,, how r u man...lol...
What r u projecting fer apogee for that bullet...

Teddy

4 days and a wake up!

man, I know your crankin to get there too Bill..
It isn't 4 days and a wake up because you won't be able to sleep the last night,, lol..
I'll see ya there for sure man...

Teddy

So much prep, so little time. I'm probably going to take Thursday off work to prep rockets.

First Airfest, must make it count.

Probably? Priorities, man! Take the day off already. I'll sign the doctor's note for you.

If it comes down to leaving a rocket behind, or taking another day of PTO, it will be a 3 day week no doubt. Besides my boss knows I'm going to a launch. He came to lab when I was weighing out ejection charges. His only comment was "take pictures."

The Kloudbusters website is still showing a "no go" on sparky motors. Is this going to be in effect for Airfest?

Just finished getting my 4-stage Instant Karma really for trip. Will pack the minivan tomorrow and hit the road Tuesday morning.

The Kloudbusters website is still showing a "no go" on sparky motors. Is this going to be in effect for Airfest?

Jeff,
Sparky motors will be allowed at Airfest. Regardless of impulse, all sparky motors must be flown from the 60's or 70's pads (out in the plowed field) to reduce the chance of setting the pasture on fire.
Bob Brown

Thanks for the info Bob, I have one friend that planned on bringing an L875DM to the launch, just wanted to clarify with you before he loads it up...See you on the pasture!

Folks, I've been involved one way or another with a ton of Airfest's over the years. One of the things you might not realize is that there is a very small core of guys (and gals) who have already donated dozens and dozens of hours of their time getting everything ready so that flyers from all over the country can come and fly on one of the finest launch sites in the country. This same core of folks will work their collective asses off making sure the launch runs as seamlessly and safely as we can possibly make it. BTW, pay attention to how many flights these people will put up! A real busy flyer out of this group will fly twice during the event and those rockets will either be prepped at sunup before the range opens or late at night.

Here's the rub! We can't do it alone! We have done our share (and then some). It's time for everyone else to step up! I just looked at the volunteer section of the Airfest page and it is less than 40% filled.

So. . . one of two things need to happen. One, if you are coming, go NOW to the webpage and volunteer for a couple of shifts over the four days. If that doesn't happen, depending on available help, we either will shut down half the range making for long wait times or we will shut down the range completely until help can be rounded up. I'm not going to kill my longtime rocket friends by asking them to work every hour of every day. Several of us have done that and it's getting no fun.

The choice is yours! What do you want to do?

Just signed up to help out the Kloudbusters. This will be my fifth year so I figured it's time to give back.:wink:

Bob, I'd be happy to help. . I'll do some RSO shifts and my wife can help at the registration table...
I'm sorry I haven't signed up on the site yet. ..
Commin right up, lol......

Teddy

I hope you all have a wonderful launch , and that you all get to and from there safely ! Hope to see you all there next year , Jim

Back