Won't You Please Please HELP! Me? HELP! Me? HELP Me? Ooohh?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
This is a question that has bothered me for years... In the Beatles movie "HELP!" did a certain young comedian make a cameo in it?

Is This Bill Murray in the Beatles HELP movie.jpg

The in the preparations for the final battle (around the 1:25 mark), we see this guy digging in with the forces, look up, and give everyone a thumbs up.

This is the best screen grab I could get of the actor I'm thinking of... Is this Bill Murray?

A really young Bill Murray? Perhaps.

What an odd observation!

I'm leaning toward no though.
If he had cameod' in it, it would be a trivia factoid somewhere.
I'll Google it!

Could not find anything.

Last edited:
I'll echo Top Ramen here. There is no evidence on the internet that this ever happened. He would've been like 14 when it was being made, and I've seen nothing about his having acted as a kid.

I say no, though it would be cool if true.

When "Help" was filmed, Bill Murray would have been 14 or 15 years old, attending Loyola Academy and working part time as a caddie.

Whoever that is in the screen capture does not look to be 15 years old.

I get by with a little help from my friends...

Ok... Thanks for that tack guys... Bill was born Sept. 21, 1950. The movie was released on July 29, 1965. Bill would have been 13 or 14 when it was being filmed.

Whoever that guy is, he is the spitting image of Bill Murray.

We do know that Phil Collins was one of the screaming teenagers at the beginning of A Hard Day's Night.

Back