The Good News, I'm Not Dead

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveA63

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Don't know if many of you remember me, but I was the library director out here in Kansas that had a healthy and growing rocketry program called,Big Creek Rocketry. Like most things, it came to an end,or perhaps just an intermission. Most of my core groups of kids moved onto junior high and high school and rocketry became the last thing on their mind. There has been a glimmer of hope, one of the first kids who grew up with the program told me the other day that he was accepted into WSU's aerospace engineering program and has a tentative internship at NASA and our program had an influence on his career path.Right on! Validation. During my hiatus I've developed programs that include CAD, 3d printing, Arduino, robotics, and intro circuit building with Little Bits. All,dovetail nicely into rocketry.So far these with the re-introduction of rocketry is gaining momentum with a whole new crop of kids.

At any rate, I've missed being here and missed the discussions and ideas. It's kinda like coming home.

Oh yeah,and I became a grandpa. Much to his parents dismay, I'm already corrupting him.:smile:

Rylanrocket.jpg

Great to be back.

Steve
windblown rocketeer

Wow,,
That's a really cool story,,
Thank you so much for your contributions,,
they have been many and great..
Man are you going to enjoy spoiling that little rocketeer ...lol..
Good for you Steve..
And it certainly is nice to have you back on the forum...
All the best for you..

Teddy

It's a wise man who plants a tree under whose shade he may never sit.

Good fortune for you that your "shade tree' manifested itself while you were able to appreciate it.

As a coach, I have always appreciated the successes of my trainees.

I don't know you, but hello! Just curious -- did you name your club after the Big Creek Missile Agency of Coalwood, or is there an actual Big Creek near you (coincidence)?

No and we get that a lot. The name is derived from the creek which splits the town, "Big Creek" :)

Back