2016 Estes Catalog

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm extremely happy about what's on the cover. Never thought I'd see a 1/45 Little Joe-II again (Nearly finished building the first of 3 kits I got). Last times I was really excited about new Estes kits were when the Interceptor was re-released, and the R/C Rocket Boosted Gliders of the early 1990's. But this exceeds those.

HOPED it would be on the cover, really nice.

2016_catalog_cover.jpg

EWuNcl4.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting that they list several composite motors.... did they make a comeback?

Also cool to see I can finally build another Supernova :)

I like the new Estes Shuttle. I a am getting one of those the moment it is released and converting to RC with a Spektrum sub micro 2 channel brick. Will only add an about 16 grams or so.

That carrier rocket will also likely be perfect for launching the Guillows Shuttle.

I hope they keep the Sat V in production longer than they did the last time. I would hate to see it go again.

BTW, Estes seems to be ramping up production of the scale kits.

I just noticed something. Some of the scale kits (Sat V, Shuttle) aren't on the website yet.

Not surprised, since they're projected to be available several months from now based on what's in the just-posted catalog.....

The last page of the catalog with all the new scale stuff made me feel kind of funny. Like when we were climbing ropes in gym class.

I like the new Estes Shuttle

I currently get about 1 minute flights with the shuttle on E12 motors. I flew the prototype back at NARAM 56 on Sunday. I must have hit a thermal since it was up for about 2 minutes and almost landed in the Canyon.

John Boren

John,

Some of these things you guys are going to be releasing are pretty freaking awesome!! Really pumped. I will be getting one of all of the new kits. There is one other rocket I'd have loved to have seen on this list..... Saturn Ib to go with the other Saturn V and Little Joe II kit you guys just released.

Thanks John and Estes

John,

Some of these things you guys are going to be releasing are pretty freaking awesome!! Really pumped. I will be getting one of all of the new kits. There is one other rocket I'd have loved to have seen on this list..... Saturn Ib to go with the other Saturn V and Little Joe II kit you guys just released.

Thanks John and Estes

Yeah, but the Saturn V and the Shuttle are also really cool.

Smart move upgrading the Saturn V to E motor power.

Just curious, will this kit have the paper or plastic tube wraps???

That Estes Shuttle looks awesome. That one I will definitely get as well.

John,

Thanks John and Estes

I'm sure it takes longer to scale the Saturn Ib up to 1/45 than it would be to rerelease the 1/100 version.

Hey a guy can hope, right?

The new kits in the catalog only represent those that should be out by mid year. This leaves us with six more months of kits that just might me on your wish list.

John Boren

Thanks John, I just knew you were working on a full lineup of Black Brant IIs in different sizes to choose from.

Saturn is almost four feet in height. That is impressive. Looking forward to that!!

given the nature of some of the ps II kits...a 2.5" dia. crayon (with black on clear decals) would be nice. not that we would see it before 2017 if they have to do a new nose mold, but it would be nice.
Rex

The crayons seem really childish to me, I'd rather have them go, but some people really love them. Something that I would love to have back is the Saturn V, the Mercury Redstone just isn't the same.

Just read the catalog! Turns out they have the Saturn V! Getting the credit card... Oh no! I have to wait until June!

It is such a shame that they didn't bring back the PS II Leviathan.

Stop the madness!!!

It is such a shame that they didn't bring back the PS II Leviathan.

Stop the madness!!!

Buy a scion and the 3"x10" slotted body tube. Use only 1 body tube. There you have it. A leviathan and an extra body tube.

Back