Eggtimer Quantum

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michigander

Reaction score
so I'm looking at the eggtimer web site site tonight

What's New...

Eggtimer Quantum WiFi-Enabled Flight Computer
(Available Soon!)

The Eggtimer Quantum is the first WiFi-enabled flight computer on the market. It offers two high-current deployment channels with tons of flexibility, records up to 15 flights, and has most of the other great features of the Eggtimer Classic Flight Computer, but with a twist - all of the programming, arming, and downloading are done wirelessly over WiFi. No cable, Internet, or special apps required, all you need is a WiFi device with a browser. Due to its unique "dual-switched" output configuration, you might not even need a power switch; the deployment outputs are essentially dead until near apogee, and the WiFi arming offers the same security as our popular WiFi Switch.

YES YES YES

I saw that last night when I was checking out the Quark.

It is UNBELIEVABLE the innovations and stuff that has come out in the 2+ years of me not being in the hobby.

I can't imagine what the next 2, 5, 10 years will bring!

Did you all see the price !

Definetely a Quantum Leap ahead ...oh boy !

Kenny

Last edited:
I am desperately awaiting the day that he sells a Wifi+GPS+altimeter with accelerometers. I will buy them all!

Looks like a new toy in my near future....

also +1 it would be nice to have Eggtimer Quantum baro and accelerometer unit that would be pure awesomeness, plus GPS that would be the cat's meow.

One feature that I think is awesome is:
FailSafe feature can optionally fire the Main chute if a freefall is detected (i.e. your drogue didn't come out for some reason)

One feature that I think is awesome is:
FailSafe feature can optionally fire the Main chute if a freefall is detected (i.e. your drogue didn't come out for some reason)

That may just be one of the best features this year.

Remember,

You gotta build 'em or have them built for you. Only limitation. That said, I don't think they're that hard to build after tackling a few of them myself. Kurt

Anyone have pictures of the eggtimer quantum ? their website doesn't have ANY photos at all (very strange) and I haven't found any out on the internet anywhere.

I understand these come as a kit but the quality of kits can vary tremendously....

Anyone have pictures of the eggtimer quantum ? their website doesn't have ANY photos at all (very strange) and I haven't found any out on the internet anywhere.

I understand these come as a kit but the quality of kits can vary tremendously....

Did you look HERE in the photo section?

This thread was pre-announcement... the official announcement is here:

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?132354-Eggtimer-Quantum-A-WiFi-Enabled-Flight-Computer

There's pictures on the web site, and of course in the documementation.

As far as the quality of the kit, we offer a 100% money-back guarantee if you don't like what you see when you get it. Zero takers so far. We use a high-quality board fab shop, parts all come from ECIA-authorized US distributors (except for a few overseas-sourced parts where that may not be possible), and we test the heck out of everything before we ship products. What we cannot control, of course, is your assembly skills... we DO provide you with high quality solder, and we give you step by step instructions.

Everyone seems happy enough with them; I just wanted to see if the PCBs were solder masked and silkscreend and such. I've spent thousands of hours soldering bits together and used to design and sell electronic kits not entirely unlike these (just not rocketry stuff) so the assembly isn't a concern !

This thread was pre-announcement... the official announcement is here:

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?132354-Eggtimer-Quantum-A-WiFi-Enabled-Flight-Computer

There's pictures on the web site, and of course in the documementation.

As far as the quality of the kit, we offer a 100% money-back guarantee if you don't like what you see when you get it. Zero takers so far. We use a high-quality board fab shop, parts all come from ECIA-authorized US distributors (except for a few overseas-sourced parts where that may not be possible), and we test the heck out of everything before we ship products. What we cannot control, of course, is your assembly skills... we DO provide you with high quality solder, and we give you step by step instructions.

Not only that, but they're all flying-lead tested too. I don't think I've ever received a bad PC board.

I personally would love to see a truly small form factor dual deploy altimeter. Perhaps fitting in a 13mm tube. Maybe your the Attiny85 and baro chip. And for deployment reqire only no amp ematch so that tiny 2n2222's could be used on the output channel. Just a thought would be cool to use in a 2 stage A10T to A10T. Putting it in this thread because I am a fan of the egg timers and feel that they have the ability to try this.

I personally would love to see a truly small form factor dual deploy altimeter. Perhaps fitting in a 13mm tube. Maybe your the Attiny85 and baro chip. And for deployment reqire only no amp ematch so that tiny 2n2222's could be used on the output channel. Just a thought would be cool to use in a 2 stage A10T to A10T. Putting it in this thread because I am a fan of the egg timers and feel that they have the ability to try this.

Not to take away from Egg* ( the only altimeters I currently own ), but look for AltiDuo SMT Micro from Boris du Reau / Bear Altimeters.

18mm instead of 13mm, but the smallest available DD alti of which I know. I would be very happily corrected :)

Robert DeHate used to make an extremely tiny dual deploy creation that was large postage stamp size called the Pico-AD4. So small that one had to make a harness and it took some work to get programmed. It's not put some jumpers on and go fly.
Fit in a BT-5 tube. That's no mistake, it fits in a BT-5. I have a couple of Boris' creations, they run second in "size" smallest and are easier to setup. Kurt

Last edited:

Single output, I presume...? Maybe one of those little 1S 50 mAH LiPo's...

Back