SARG - Club Rocket Launch - 2/13 - New site

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robbdm

Rocketry Tourist
Reaction score
The rains have stopped, weather forecast is clear, sunny, high 60's... so come out and help inaugurate Sacramento Area Rocketry Group's new site.

This will be the first launch at the new site after two years without a field and three months waiting for weather.

New site is located located near Galt, CA.

Please see SARG website for location and flying details.

See you there. :)

Yay! Looking forward to flying some gliders!

Ari.

The rains have stopped, weather forecast is clear, sunny, high 60's... so come out and help inaugurate Sacramento Area Rocketry Group's new site.

This will be the first launch at the new site after two years without a field and three months waiting for weather.

New site is located located near Galt, CA.

Please see SARG website for location and flying details.

See you there. :)

See you there! Fingers crossed for a good launch day this month!

Planning to attend as well. Want to flight test my new Jolly Logic Chute Release.

Going to make up some motors for the launch.

Looking forward to launching with SARG again. Haven't been to a SARG launch since 2001.

Any guesstimate as to how many folks are coming? Just planning on number of launches we will be able to get. :) I know I'm bringing 5 more potential members. They are all local to Sacramento and this will be their first launch with something more than Estes BP motors.

Any guesstimate as to how many folks are coming? Just planning on number of launches we will be able to get. :) I know I'm bringing 5 more potential members. They are all local to Sacramento and this will be their first launch with something more than Estes BP motors.

Sorry, hard to estimate.

Being first launch at new location and limited publicity doubt huge turn out. Don't know if Scouts or Youth Groups planning to attend.

So bring all your buds and several rockets...

Reminder to those planning to attend the launch...

Be sure to let the club know in advance if you plan to put up any HPR flights. So far only two folks have done so.

Sorry, hard to estimate.

Being first launch at new location and limited publicity doubt huge turn out. Don't know if Scouts or Youth Groups planning to attend.

So bring all your buds and several rockets...

Agreed. Thankfully my scouts just did their big launch last month in Roseville. The five coming are the more ambitious scouts whose Dads have caught the bug... :)

I'll be there. My little cousin might be coming with me if we can fix his rocket. I plan on flying some mid power and testing the chute release more.

Reminder to those planning to attend the launch...

Be sure to let the club know in advance if you plan to put up any HPR flights. So far only two folks have done so.

The group coming with me, with the exception of Bill W. who I believe already reached out to Tom are all G motors and lower. Bill may not have any flight vehicles left after going 0 for 5 at Snow Ranch last week :( (2 were DMS/LMS CATOS and one a bad seal on a reload)

Oh I am legitimately wondering about my own. I have no idea if my requests ever make it through or what.

I know this is a long shot, but does anybody have a nosecone for an estes ascender that I can borrow for a flight or two? My cousin's ascender lost its nosecone at snow ranch, and my local hobby shop doesn't have any and a replacement won't come in time. His other rocket, an estes partizon, lawn darted at snow ranch, so he doesn't have anything to fly. If I could borrow a nosecone I would appreciate it, and I will give it back after a flight.

Thanks,
Kyle

If anyone coming could bring an Aerotech delay drill I would appreciate that! I would pick one up from BAR but they are down south.

If not I suppose I will try by hand. I have a 29mm medium delay and want 4 seconds, sounds like 6/32" aka 3/16" should come off, using a 3/16" bit.

I'm afraid I won't make it today. Really looking forward to photos of the new field.

Ari.

Great job by all today. Great group of folks and a nice site with knee deep soft grass! I put up 15 launches today. E-G with all recovered perfectly, save the one Estes E9-6 CATO. Time to file a mess report... Lots of other great launches. Thanks SARG! Time to restock on the F44's!

15 launches? Wow! And the LCO referred to me as prolific? I attempted only 5 launches and had to pull 1 when the rod dropped with my rocket on it, leaving the rocket on the ground and the launch lugs still on the rod. Gotta be extra sure to tighten that knob on the rod holder. Was a great day anyway.

I got 9 up! That is probably the most I have ever had, and certainly the most after returning to the hobby. Well, it is much easier and faster when so many were black powder.

I definitely took pictures and will try to put some up soon. Sadly, the one shot I wanted to get, I know I missed. I see sparks in one frame, and nothing but smoke in the next.

I managed to get three flights up. The first was my mom's candy cane rocket, which went up on a c6-5. The booster section was easy enough to find, but broke a fin. The payload section comes down with its own chute, and we were looking for it for probably 45 minutes to an hour. Finally found it on the walk back after giving up looking for it (go figure...)

The next flight was my madcow scooter on an e23-5. The up part was good, as was ejection, but the chute release didn't open in time. It was set for 200' but didn't open before it hit the ground, but it was released when I retrieved it. This resulted in one fin popping out. It was probably my fault, since the rocket didn't have a vent and was pretty airtight.

My last flight was my Wildman 2.6" V2 on a g76. Again I used the chute release, this time set to 500. It had a nice boost, and the chute release meant it landed about 100 yards away. (Some guys said this flight looked a little high for the waiver. If it was I'm sorry)

By the time I got back from retrieving my v2, my uncle had his estes Nike smoke with a f52 (I think) on the pad, but I told him to hold the launch so I could quickly put my chute release on it. So once the range opened back up we put it on, and it had a perfect flight, landing about 50 feet from the pad.

I had to leave early because of another obligation, so I gave my raffle tickets to Eric to watch for me. On my way home my aunt called and said I won, and wanted to know which rocket I wanted from the prize box. Now I am the owner on a Quest Nike smoke! I'll be sure to have it built by the next SARG launch I go to.

Thanks SARG for a fun launch.

And o1d_dude, did you try your chute release?

Back