• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Info on Vern's Mystery Missile...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
You may or may not know this, but outside of Estes' Corp's HQ is a missile... Or is it a Model?

Apparently, it's a design that Vern had built, and not everybody knows the "back story" on it (myself included). I'd love to learn more about this.

Has anyone tried building/flying it? Anyone got better pics of it than what I was able to find online (That is the only image I've been able to turn up in my exhaustive 3 minute search)?

Anyone? Anyone?

Over on YORF there was a thread on some old Estes photos being sold on Ebay back in 2012 and someone noted that the pic of that rocket had the caption of:

"MAY 7 1972 Estes Industries Gets Marker. Visitors to Estes Industries, model rocket manufacturer at Penrose, Colo., will find it well marked now. Recently dedicated was this 20-foot-tall symbolic rocket that will stand as a permanent display in front of the main building. A subsidiary of Damon Corp., Estes Industries employs 300 persons, calls itself world's largest in field."

I thought the word "symbolic" may mean it's not modeled off an existing design, but that doesn't necessarily mean that is the case.

Back