Wives.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrAdam

Reaction score
How many here are wives of rocket geeks who are also involved in the HPR hobby or have wives involved in the hobby with them?

I'm glad mine isn't.

"i need this kit...it's $140"

"oh ok..."

WIN! he he he.....

I'm glad mine isn't.

"i need this kit...it's $140"

"oh ok..."

WIN! he he he.....

There is that, enabling from within the home might not be conductive to a balanced budget.

Of course there is the:
Honey can I....
Well it will cost you...
Umm, okay.....

My wife, Bracha, and I have been building and launching rockets together for about 15 years.

2007-08-11-09-35-36.jpg

-- Roger

My wife has no interest in building or launching a rocket of her own, but she knows how much I enjoy it. She does like coming to a launch a few times a year to watch and relax on a nice day. She also likes it that our youngest (11, boy) enjoys coming with me to hang out. Our two oldest (16, boy and 14, girl) have moved on to other teen-aged interests and we both know that's more than likely to happen with our youngest, so the time he spends with me at launches is precious. As far as the costs, we make joint decisions with our recreational budget and a lot of my rocketry wants end up as gifts for my birthday, Christmas and Father's Day.

my wife pays for my rockets... not sure if she enjoys it or not.

My wife is supportive and attends launches, but has zero interest in the hobby.

When we were dating in 2011: "Sure I would love to go with you!"
When we got engaged in 2012: "Sure, I'll go, how long are we going to stay? Are we gong to be there all day?"
When we got married in 2013: "I see you have all your rocket crap staged in the living room for a launch tomorrow, bye, have fun!"

Lol...

When we got engaged in 2012: "Sure, I'll go, how long are we going to stay? Are we gong to be there all day?"
When we got married in 2013: "I see you have all your rocket crap staged in the living room for a launch tomorrow, bye, have fun!"

Lol...

mine says after 9 years of marriage .. you are going with your dad to go shoot off an other rocket. try not to loose this one in the poop pond.

My wife has started building and is going to become certified to at least L2.

She completely skipped low power. Her first rocket was an AT ARCAS and the first flight was on a G40.

Mine loves rockets but isn't certified she does ABC's

Christmas 2015 I put under the tree a package that size was perfect for 3" darkstar , as she started un wrapping I was chanting what is it what is it ... is it a rocket ?

Picture she looks very disappointed that was OTTLITE for sewing room instead of rocket this mistake will not happen again

She keeps asking too when can we go to Black Rock !!!
We have only been married 35 years so love of rockets may change !!!

Christmas 2015.jpg

Last edited:
My wife enjoys watching. She totally loves fireworks, so, my rockets are a fix for her when we can not do, or, watch fireworks. She says it is the sound that she likes most, but, she gets bored between launches, because of my long walks, so, I launch several in a row. She reads while walk across the hay fields. Personally, I think she enjoys my failures and watching me groan over a destroyed rocket.

My wife comes to launches with me...
She used to come more,, she loves just laying in a recliner in the sun..
Now she just comes to the big launches..
She likes taking the trip with me...
We just bought a RV trailer because we like taking long trips...
I must admit,, it would be really cool if she'd build and fly a rocket... lol...

Jarrett's right,,,

Life is good....
It's wonderful....

Teddy

My wife has a TRF account, but isn't active. She built and launched her TRA L1 at MWP. She comes with to some launches, let's me go by myself pretty often. Overall super supportive of my hobby. Gives me some sideways glances when I spend money but she also buys stuff for me once in awhile. She likes the friends we've made more than she likes the rocketry, I think. But, yeah, my wife is pretty awesome.

Lol...

I always have a spare bedroom IF things go south Dude...but, i have to warn you-
There's alot of things in there that don't like to be shaken or stirred and, make sure your "grounded" before you touch them. :eek:

I've kind of been biting my tongue on this thread, (recently divorced) but hopefully my daughters -may- become more involved now that I'm back in the hobby :)

Unfortunately, last time I checked, a rocket launch wasn't the best place to meet women lol

many times it is more like, lucky to meet a woman at a launch(and she is spoken for!:)).
Rex

Sure would have been nice for the title of this thread to have been "Partners" instead of "wives". Beyond quibbling about terminology, I like to think of myself as a person who flies rockets. I happen to be female and married to a male (Wayco) who also flies rockets.

We are both L-3, we both build and fly our own rockets and occasionally build one together.

We often fly the L-3 rockets as a team since it is easier to load a 56 lb rocket onto the launch pad with help (regardless of gender) and when either one of us is launching a rocket with several altimeters, multiple tracking/gps devices, onboard camera and video and trying to juggle another camera/video/2 receivers while the rocket is launching it is simply easier to work as a team.

2-22-2014wayneandsharonandrapiditty.jpg

That's beside the fact that we like each other. :)

Sure would have been nice for the title of this thread to have been "Partners" instead of "wives". Beyond quibbling about terminology, I like to think of myself as a person who flies rockets. I happen to be female and married to a male (Wayco) who also flies rockets.

I think I speak for many of us when I say that women are scarce (not absent) at our club meetings and launches, hence our tendency to assume that "spouse" or "partner" means "wife"...

I often bring my 12-year-old daughter with me to launches, and the few women present always seem happy to see girls there. I kinda wish there were more women around; it would make it easier for me to bring my wife to a launch or two ;)

I think I speak for many of us when I say that women are scarce (not absent) at our club meetings and launches, hence our tendency to assume that "spouse" or "partner" means "wife"...

I often bring my 12-year-old daughter with me to launches, and the few women present always seem happy to see girls there. I kinda wish there were more women around; it would make it easier for me to bring my wife to a launch or two ;)

For me it makes absolutely no difference as to the number of women that are at a launch. I'm there to fly rockets, talk rockets and be with Wayco. But, I agree with what you said, we are somewhat scarce.

Our club has its fair share of female rocketeers and or supporters of rocketeers.
My wife however is mildly tolerant, but does bring the kids out.

I invited my girlfriend out to Snow Ranch and helped her prep and fly an LPR rocket. It was just a C6 motor, but she absolutely loved it... that, and watching MPR/HPR flights. She says she really wants to come on the next Black Rock trip... I guess that means she's the one! :wink:

Back