Wives.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya know Al,,
Come to think of it,,,
She does have cooler flights then you....lol...

Teddy

My wife comes to launches with me...
She used to come more,, she loves just laying in a recliner in the sun..
Now she just comes to the big launches..
She likes taking the trip with me...
We just bought a RV trailer because we like taking long trips...
I must admit,, it would be really cool if she'd build and fly a rocket... lol...

Jarrett's right,,,

Life is good....
It's wonderful....

Teddy
... and, Teddy, we love it when you bring her along. She is great company!!!

--Lance.

... and, Teddy, we love it when you bring her along. She is great company!!!

--Lance.

Ha,,
Don't forget you said that Lance...
I'm gonna bring the big mean torture queen out there again this year,,, lol...

Yeah,, that's right,, I said it,, I an't skeerd...
(She doesn't read this forum)

Teddy

I invited my girlfriend out to Snow Ranch and helped her prep and fly an LPR rocket. It was just a C6 motor, but she absolutely loved it... that, and watching MPR/HPR flights. She says she really wants to come on the next Black Rock trip... I guess that means she's the one! :wink:

Yup. She's a keeper.

Last Saturday's launch at Snow Ranch was definitely a good one.

My wife said she'd do her L1. She picked a mini magg and an I600R. It sat for two years and she gave them to me. I win! :)

Nope. I meant wife, not partner. My wife is very supportive of the hobby. I am very appreciative of her support. I've asked her to become involved but she doesn't seem that interested. Just wondering how many wives were involved. Didn't want this to turn into a my wife/partner/whatever... Just wondering thats all. For those that have a supportive spouse I'm glad. For those that share the hobby, I'm jeleous.

My wife is much more supportive of the rocketry hobby than the trapshooting hobby. Its much easier for her to chase a 3 year old around for the 5 minutes it takes me to put a rocket on the pad than the hour it took to shoot an event. And of course rocketry is 100 times more of a spectator sport.

My wife has been to a bunch of club launches. She'll even take a rocket out to the pads every once in a while. It helps that the kids are old enough to either fly their own rockets or entertain themselves. She also knows that rockets make nice Christmas presents!

Chris

Nope. I meant wife, not partner. My wife is very supportive of the hobby. I am very appreciative of her support. I've asked her to become involved but she doesn't seem that interested. Just wondering how many wives were involved. Didn't want this to turn into a my wife/partner/whatever... Just wondering thats all. For those that have a supportive spouse I'm glad. For those that share the hobby, I'm jeleous.
Look this is a male dominated hobby. no sexism, thats fact. If someone wants to discuss how to deal with wives? that is legit.

It IS an issue many of us deal with regarding our wives....so if we wanna talk about it.... get over it.

Last edited:
Ha ha. This is exactly what I was talking about in the "NASA/ 1st Amendment" thread. Lol. Everyone wants to be offended over something these days. It's even spreading here. Lol. Jokes.

She does not care for the launches but has painted some of her own

8403248847_2d2a3971ae.jpg

8403674939_639f805b5b_c.jpg

8828836350_bea763a19c_b.jpg

Cool. The one painting looks like a wine/paint party painting. Not sure what they're really called. My wife has done a painting similar. No painted rockets though.

My wife has her L1, and probably will get her L2 this year. She's flown DD rockets. You might remember her V2 from the MWP drag race last year- it was red and black and had "trucker mudflap ladies" on the side :)

My only problem is that she is a motor hoarder, and won't let me "borrow" any of her good motors to fly in my own rockets :)

I tried to get my wife involved in the hobby. She is supportive of my activities and doesn't mind my weekend or longer trips to different parts of the country. I called Tim to see if I couldn't get a Wildman kit for her. We settled on the Wildman Extreme. I was very happy with the deal. It didn't work out too well though as Tim brought her back the very next day.:lol:

I tried to get my wife involved in the hobby. She is supportive of my activities and doesn't mind my weekend or longer trips to different parts of the country. I called Tim to see if I couldn't get a Wildman kit for her. We settled on the Wildman Extreme. I was very happy with the deal. It didn't work out too well though as Tim brought her back the very next day.:lol:

ahhh haaaa,,,
OK,, OK,, not bad,, lol..
I heard a badump bump as I read that one..
I think you and I need to get some new material Joe,,, lol...
Whenever I steal a one liner of my wife's she says go get your own material....

Teddy

My wife is supportive as long as it doesn’t interfere with her life, it is interesting how all day with her hobby and friends is okay but me and mine not so much. Nevertheless I have reached a point in my life where if I want to go I’m going, I’m reasonable and all but I don’t ask for permission. Our current club president UROC is a woman she is just as crazy about rockets as the guys are.

TA

I tried to get my wife into it but she's to impatient for it. Here was the rocket she built (short stubby one in the video). She did enjoy building her rocket sled though.

[video=youtube;W18mdnClXqs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W18mdnClXqs[/video]

Last edited:
I tried the whole girlfriend thing... didn't work out. Parents make dating awkward. :) I also have yet to find a girl who is cute, single, local, and straight. You'd be surprised how hard that is to find. But I figure I'd rather spend my time on rockets than on girls. :)

I tried the whole girlfriend thing... didn't work out. Parents make dating awkward. :) I also have yet to find a girl who is cute, single, local, and straight. You'd be surprised how hard that is to find. But I figure I'd rather spend my time on rockets than on girls. :)

It really is not that hard.

Step 1, go to where the girls are and say hi.
Step 2.
Step 3. begin dating

In all seriousness, I was your age when I met the woman who would eventually become my wife. If parents are making it awkward, you are doing it wrong. Just my 2 cents. Trying to help since you REALLY are missing out.

Back