Wives.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No girlfriend or wife to interfere with rockets. I win. :)

+1

BB, take your time, women can be evil!! Lol

If you think dating sucks now, wait till you're 45.... blah!

I'm thinking I'll STAY single :/

Last edited:
stop looking for single chicks. no one sells their old car then goes looking for a new one..... you buy a new one then maybe drive the old one a time or two then sell it.

If you work on yourself and are good and happy, you'll have to beat them away with a stick. The right one is worth all the beans in the world. The best thing about it is no matter how crappy a day you had, there is someone waiting to listen to you talk about rockets till the sun comes up. My wife knows more about rockets than I care to think and she has not built a darn one.

If you work on yourself and are good and happy, you'll have to beat them away with a stick. The right one is worth all the beans in the world. The best thing about it is no matter how crappy a day you had, there is someone waiting to listen to you talk about rockets till the sun comes up. My wife knows more about rockets than I care to think and she has not built a darn one.

Good for you Jarrett,,
You're a lucky man,,
especially because you're aware...

Teddy

Mine wants me to buy a new shed. FOR ROCKETS! Wahooo!

Here's the leading candidate, 14x16

shed.jpg

It's not for rockets Rick. She is hoping you'll move out of the house and into the shed. That's gotta be the reason.

I'm currently not married but I'm engaged (no date set yet) and my fiancee is cool with them and the rest of my hobbies. Likes the rockets, likes the RC boats but the RC planes and helis, not so much. She's a bit afraid of them when they're in the air flying around.

Heck, she got me the new Estes Little Joe II kit for a Valentine's Day gift. I think I'll keep her.:wink:

I'm currently not married but I'm engaged (no date set yet) and my fiancee is cool with them and the rest of my hobbies. Likes the rockets, likes the RC boats but the RC planes and helis, not so much. She's a bit afraid of them when they're in the air flying around.

Heck, she got me the new Estes Little Joe II kit for a Valentine's Day gift. I think I'll keep her.:wink:

Congrats on your engagement. My wife did not like my helis and planes either. Shortly after we started dating I upgraded from my 450 to a 500 and she did NOT like it at all. She also didn't like my 10th scale buggy because I got a little carried away with the racing bit. If I ever want the side eye, all I have to do is mention that I am considering getting another racing buggy.

Congrats on your engagement. My wife did not like my helis and planes either. Shortly after we started dating I upgraded from my 450 to a 500 and she did NOT like it at all. She also didn't like my 10th scale buggy because I got a little carried away with the racing bit. If I ever want the side eye, all I have to do is mention that I am considering getting another racing buggy.

Thank you.

I know what you mean. My largest heli so far is a Blade 300 CFX. This thing really packs a punch for a smaller heli. I'd really like to get a Blade 360 CFX which is a 450 size heli with a longer boom, has longer 360mm blades and is 6S powered. That would probably make her freak I'm sure.

this is a nice little shed....

miller_hi-loft_porch_barn.jpg

The only thing my marriages and rocketry had in common is that I cato them almost both too frequently.

I keep seeing the title of this thread and think 'Wive-s-'?? They want me to bring more than one to a launch??

Milissa tolerates my habit as long as I come back from Bong launches promptly and take over the tasting room so she can go distill more whiskey.

Hard to argue with the woman who makes your favorite booze.

I tried the whole girlfriend thing... didn't work out. Parents make dating awkward. :) I also have yet to find a girl who is cute, single, local, and straight. You'd be surprised how hard that is to find. But I figure I'd rather spend my time on rockets than on girls. :)

Want my advice? (Rhetorical question, you're getting it regardless :) )
You can stop rocketry anytime, wait 20 years and pick up where you left off.
But dating? Brother, if you think girls are hard to find now...you're really gonna be disappointed later.

Mine lets me do my thing, that's enough. After 9 years we have an unspoken agreement that she gets to spend dollar-for-dollar at Old Navy or something.

So many things are unspoken with women, not all of them bad.

If she goes to bed at 9pm, I'll probably continue sanding or gluing until midnight. If she takes a shower at 9pm, it's time to quit NOW.

If she goes to bed at 9pm, I'll probably continue sanding or gluing until midnight. If she takes a shower at 9pm, it's time to quit NOW.

Lol Mine hadn't taken a shower like 'that' in..in....way longer than I want to admit :/

I tried the whole girlfriend thing... didn't work out. Parents make dating awkward. :) I also have yet to find a girl who is cute, single, local, and straight. You'd be surprised how hard that is to find. But I figure I'd rather spend my time on rockets than on girls. :)

Local TARC team in area ?

WELL.... now that you mention that... there is that cute girl who is on the TARC team who meets kinda close to me... but I don't have time to do TARC.... -_-

Hmm... I'd make time... But you're still young. No need to get really worried until after college. The likelihood that you'll meet a nice girl at college is way better. Just don't forget to still study...

Adrian

Enlarge the pic below and look what ad choices (below the KIA ad) came up under the "Wives" thread:

Wives Rockets.jpg

I've asked my new girlfriend to go a launch tomorrow.
She seems interested. If she goes I'll report back . . .

I'd wait till you firmly set the hook before taking her to a launch. Rocket people are weird and it might be off putting to a young lady.

I'd wait till you firmly set the hook before taking her to a launch. Rocket people are weird and it might be off putting to a young lady.

I prefer to say that at least with the ones I have met, we are all a lot more honest. Remember, everyone is normal until you get to know them. Trial by fire. When my wife tolerated me and actually enjoyed an AC/DC concert, I knew she was a keeper.

Patrick Stewart, who is 75, is marrying a 37-year-old singer. This will be his fourth or fifth wife, I believe. I always have to wonder, in an age where no one cares if you just live together, why people feel the need to get married four, five or six times.

WELL.... now that you mention that... there is that cute girl who is on the TARC team who meets kinda close to me... but I don't have time to do TARC.... -_-

Is she that redhead...*cough*...*cough* that you put a picture up here once awhile back? If so and, i were you...I'd be all over that. ;) Just saying-

Hmm... I'd make time... But you're still young. No need to get really worried until after college. The likelihood that you'll meet a nice girl at college is way better. Just don't forget to still study...

Adrian

Sage advice my green fingered friend :D but, the one thing you forgot to remind him about in those "College Years" is that...

:no: WRAP THAT RASCAL!:no: Dude! I mean that too!...:jaw: It may save you a lifetime of misery or misfortune. You have NO idea how many people i know that had NEVER seen the inside of courtroom and, NEVER enlisted the help of a Lawyer until "The Smart Bombs found the Target". Maybe not before the birth but, sometime in the next 21 years after.

Is she that redhead...*cough*...*cough* that you put a picture up here once awhile back? If so and, i were you...I'd be all over that. ;) Just saying-

Sage advice my green fingered friend :D but, the one thing you forgot to remind him about in those "College Years" is that...

:no: WRAP THAT RASCAL!:no: Dude! I mean that too!...:jaw: It may save you a lifetime of misery or misfortune. You have NO idea how many people i know that had NEVER seen the inside of courtroom and, NEVER enlisted the help of a Lawyer until "The Smart Bombs found the Target". Maybe not before the birth but, sometime in the next 21 years after.

You must be into redheads.... :p And naw I ain't had a redhead girl crush ever. Turns out they're all already taken. -_-

Gus and I always have a redhead crush. He actually found one. I let one slip away back in the '80's... Oh well. Redheads are only 1 to 2% of the population, so they're almost as hard to find as unicorns... :wink:

Adrian

Back