What's the story behind YOUR TRF handle?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Fastidious" means "excessively particular, critical, or demanding." You said you were fanatical about the Far Side, so I took a little leap, and misspelled it on purpose. Just being silly.

Now that I think about it, it wasn't all that funny. :facepalm:

Sorry, I should have been more clear in my response. When I said that I don't get that one, I meant that I don't get called that name, not that i didn't get your clever play on the name. I got that part, which is why i said that i liked it. It was funny. My bad

Mine is tricky- I was named Mark Koelsch by my parents.

I hate handles- would rather have an actual name. Shocking, I know.

Mark Koelsch
Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

"Who is John Galt?"
He is the voice of reason and individualism in Ayn Rand's magnum opus, Atlas Shrugged, where she develops her philosophy of Objectivism in a novel.
I am a huge fan of Rand and a student of Objectivism. I've read everyone of her books and articles and believe in her philosophy of laissez faire capitalism and individualism.
A is A

"Who is John Galt?"
He is the voice of reason and individualism in Ayn Rand's magnum opus, Atlas Shrugged, where she develops her philosophy of Objectivism in a novel.
I am a huge fan of Rand and a student of Objectivism. I've read everyone of her books and articles and believe in her philosophy of laissez faire capitalism and individualism.
A is A
Then you know all about my TRF name. Huge fan of Ayn.

My name is borrowed from the late great Ludwig von Mises. His teaching is the antidote to the economic illiteracy of Keynes that's taught in our schools, and prevalent in our "leadership."

(9 September 1881 – 10 October 1973) was a philosopher, Austrian School economist, sociologist, and classical liberal. He became a prominent figure in the Austrian School of economic thought and is best known for his work on praxeology, a study of human choice and action. Fearing a Nazi takeover of Switzerland, where he was living at the time, Mises immigrated to the United States in 1940. Mises' thought has exerted significant influence on the libertarian movement in the United States in the mid-20th century.

In the early 1990's as I was getting into model rocketry a little bit, I would say something like, "Man, that rocket really screamed off the pad." Once we decided to form a small club I changed it to SKREAM and added TEAM.

Pyropetepete

Pyro - Am a lead pyrotechnician for a very large fireworks company. I fire all year but this not my day job. IT is my day job.

Pete - that's my name.

The repeating of my name 'Pete Pete' is due to my nan. I had to repeat my name as she was deaf.

Pyropetepete

Pyro - Am a lead pyrotechnician for a very large fireworks company. I fire all year but this not my day job. IT is my day job.

Pete - that's my name.

The repeating of my name 'Pete Pete' is due to my nan. I had to repeat my name as she was deaf.

[video=youtube;s8A7XFe7Lms]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8A7XFe7Lms&feature=kp[/video]

Are you sure you aren't related to the actual pyro pete?

[video=youtube;s8A7XFe7Lms]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8A7XFe7Lms&feature=kp[/video]

Are you sure you aren't related to the actual pyro pete?

Nice find but nah no relation sorry. I'm an Englishman

I don't think I've weighed in on this, but I guess I will now. Nothing spectacular. It's just my first name and initial. Fairly unique... plus, my air name starts with G as does my real last name, so it serves double duty. Not terribly imaginative.

But to make up for it, my personal internet address/name is. Many of you know that I work as a TV weatherman. So it wasn't that far a stretch to come with "breathOair" as a clever dodge.

We once had a co-worker TV anchor who was SO obnoxious, so difficult to work with, so intense, and so sincere in his attempt to be a "real anchor" and drove us all crazy... that we nicknamed him "Darth Sidious" behind his back... as in "Insidious" and the nickname stuck.

That's about it. You see, I'm far more creative when I'm at work and anonymous than when I have to fess up to stuff! LOL!

I have always believed that anything can be fixed with a suitable application of ductape. Even if it is not broken. It also works as a sheet metal worker installing air conditioning ducts my kind are frequently found hanging from ducts.:cool::cool::point:

Mine comes from the underground creatures of the distant future in The Time Machine.

Here's mine...

The "My Gypsy" was an unlimited hydroplane that competed from 1966 to 1968. It was owned by a gentleman named Jim Ranger. His wife, Yvonne, was the niece of Horace Dodge Jr., who had great success in hydroplane racing from the 1920s into the 1950s. One his most successful boats was the My Sweetie. Ranger borrowed the "My" from it and added Yvonne's nickname, "Gypsy".

I crewed for Ed Cooper's U-3 hydroplane from 1986 to 1997. One of Ed's mentors was Bill Cantrell. Bill drove the My Sweetie, winning the APBA Gold Cup in 1949. Later, Cantrell would become the owner of the My Gypsy and he campaigned it from 1979 to 1983. Cooper crewed for Bill on the My Gypsy until it was destroyed in Detroit in 1983 and then became an owner himself in 1986. I remember Bill coming down to Ed's shop in Evansville on several occasions and sharing stories of his racing past. Great memories with a racing legend.

My last name is Czerwin, I'm a teacher, and I'm a man.
Actually, there's a great book called "Teacher Man" about a teacher's life. Decent book, honest portrayal of teaching, at least as it used to be. Hence the "TeacherMan" part. Also, CzTeacherMan is what I named my teacher's website years ago. Kids started calling me that, and it kind of stuck.

My last name is Czerwin, I'm a teacher, and I'm a man.
Actually, there's a great book called "Teacher Man" about a teacher's life. Decent book, honest portrayal of teaching, at least as it used to be. Hence the "TeacherMan" part. Also, CzTeacherMan is what I named my teacher's website years ago. Kids started calling me that, and it kind of stuck.

Huh, I thought the CZ stood for crazy... :tongue: :tongue:

Adrian

Latest posts

Back