I'm not watching the Super Bowl and IDGAF

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JStarStar

Reaction score
I'm watching movies and reading

I've seen eleventy seven zillion football games in my life, one more or less won't make any difference.

:lol::lol::lol:

Nope, me neither...

I wish they televised high power rocket launches, I'd be all over that!

Interviews with the fliers, behind the scenes showing the build, huge corporate sponsors...

I know, keep dreaming :p

It was a good game. I did not route for either team.

Didn't watch a single second of it and will live happily forever after.

Had it on in the background. Had 3 rocket builds in front of me in the foreground. And that was the closest I came to watching a football game all year. Football is just boring to me ever since I played rugby. I always laugh when they talk about how tired the players must be by the 4th quarter.

However, if hockey is on, then I will be glued to the TV. And hockey playoffs, my wife banishes me from the house

Question, why do some people feel the need to advertise how anti "what ever" they are? Like it's some badge of honor to publicly proclaim their disdain for crap other people enjoy? I mean seriously, I have never seen an episode of the Big Bang Theory but you don't see me wearing it on my sleeve like I am some internet baddass.

Question, why do some people feel the need to advertise how anti "what ever" they are? Like it's some badge of honor to publicly proclaim their disdain for crap other people enjoy? I mean seriously, I have never seen an episode of the Big Bang Theory but you don't see me wearing it on my sleeve like I am some internet baddass.

Now that you mention it, I've never watched one second of BBT either. :wink:

Why mention it if you didn't watch the Super Bowl?

Because all day tomorrow, all day Tuesday and all day every day of the week, in every office in the nation and on every media outlet in the hemisphere, there will be endless endless endless regurgitation of the football game, mostly by morons not qualified to analyze or comment on it.

If we're gonna have to listen to those meat-brains yammer on about football for weeks, at least for 30 seconds they can listen to us say, "IDGAF."

Wait... there was a Superbowl? <-- My honest reaction.

If the Minnesota Vikings aren't in it, then I'm not paying attention. I have no horse in that race.

I tried to watch. Made it to the last three minutes of second quarter and fell asleep. Woke sometime in third quarter, fell asleep again. Woke after it was over. Good Game!

My wife hates football. she bought a square for the game. She was screaming and swearing at the TV like a champ tonight. And, she won on 0 and 4, lmao. Who in the f goes for 2 points for no reason at all?

My wife hates football. she bought a square for the game. She was screaming and swearing at the TV like a champ tonight. And, she won on 0 and 4, lmao.

Good for her! Well, not the hating football part, the winning part.

Who in the f goes for 2 points for no reason at all?

A smart team would. At least when they just scored a touchdown for a 12-point lead late in the game, smart teams will often go for 2 so if they make it and the other team later gets two touchdowns and do the safe thing of kicking extra points, they will at least go into overtime. If they fail the two point conversion, they'd be beat anyway if the other team got two touchdowns. Would only bite them if the other team got one touchdown and two field goals.... possible.....but not very likely the other team would get three possessions with such limited time left in the game.

Last edited:
Oh, was that on? I had too much fun with Chinese New Year last night (and if I wasn't in China, I'd rather be watching a good documentary than the SB).

Now that you mention it, I've never watched one second of BBT either. :wink:

Why mention it if you didn't watch the Super Bowl?

Because all day tomorrow, all day Tuesday and all day every day of the week, in every office in the nation and on every media outlet in the hemisphere, there will be endless endless endless regurgitation of the football game, mostly by morons not qualified to analyze or comment on it.

If we're gonna have to listen to those meat-brains yammer on about football for weeks, at least for 30 seconds they can listen to us say, "IDGAF."

By that logic you should start threads about how you aren't watching anything about Kim Kardashian or Charlie Sheen or puppymonkeybaby. I'm not sure anyone GAF that YDGAF.

By that logic you should start threads about how you aren't watching anything about Kim Kardashian or Charlie Sheen or puppymonkeybaby. I'm not sure anyone GAF that YDGAF.

I thought that was J Star kissing the puppy monkey baby!:lol:

I had a long day of church activities and was tuckered out. However, if I had thought there was half a chance that the Broncos could win, I would have watched it. :(

me neither...

An quite frankly, I'll post this one rant:

You wanna watch some big sports thing on TV? Don't care. Plenty of other stuff to do, to watch.. But (this is the rant part) don't pre-empt the next show. "We now return you to the program currently in progress" if your have 3hrs dedicated to it, stay within those three hours. If you think you'll go over, book the extra time! (to which golf & Football always seem to do..) The networks will find some old thing to put on to make up the time. Heck, fill the time with locker room antics & Champaign showers... And all the times while growing up, Disney was on at 6:00pm on a Sunday. It was our thing, some family TV time back in the 70's.. Only to turn it on and get the last three holes of Golf, or the last 1/2 hr of... Grrrr!!

[rant off]

me neither...

An quite frankly, I'll post this one rant:

You wanna watch some big sports thing on TV? Don't care. Plenty of other stuff to do, to watch.. But (this is the rant part) don't pre-empt the next show. "We now return you to the program currently in progress" if your have 3hrs dedicated to it, stay within those three hours. If you think you'll go over, book the extra time! (to which golf & Football always seem to do..) The networks will find some old thing to put on to make up the time. Heck, fill the time with locker room antics & Champaign showers... And all the times while growing up, Disney was on at 6:00pm on a Sunday. It was our thing, some family TV time back in the 70's.. Only to turn it on and get the last three holes of Golf, or the last 1/2 hr of... Grrrr!!

[rant off]

Broadcasters would go out of business with that model. Why would you switch from a program generating huge advertising revenue to one that can only generate a third of that?

No but I did watch Rickie Fowler get beat by Matsuyama in the Phoenix Open.

The winds died down and the sun shone bright in the clear sky just before the club launch at CRASH yesterday, so it was a good omen in Denver. With the calm weather and clear skies we had a lot of good stuff in the air, from D boost gliders to H410 powered speed demons. Put them up to 4K feet, watched the entire flight in the clear sky and recovered with a short walk. Light clouds rolled in after three so we all got back in plenty of time for the big game. A good day in the Mile High city.

My daughters had friends over to watch the Puppy and Kitten Bowls.

I was on a cruise ship in the Bahamas. They showed the game in near real time with no commercials.

Hey Al, were you on the Oosterdam?
I just did my act there on Friday night. My stage name is Chris Michaels.
Out ship ran the Super Bowl with no network commercials.
They ran the same ESPN ads over and over again.

Much rebellion, such dissension, WOW.

The grain: //////////
You: \\\\\\\\\\

I rather enjoy football, for me whether my team makes it or not (Out three weeks ago) its still one of the best times every year to get together with friends and, family and, have a great time! :D

I spent six hours with a chainsaw in my hand on the tree farm, cleaned up... went over to see the folks and, spent the end of the fourth quarter back around the corner watching the end at my friends house.

GREAT FOOD! Great times and, the commercials! YES!

I'm surprised that no one mentioned the Doritios Ultrasound commercial OR the Audi R8 Commander's Ride commercial...The first one was just plain funny the last just awesome.

I talked to my dad on Wednesday and, he was feeling a little low that at the time i didn't have too many plans to leave the house but, then when i thought about it i realized...We've been watching it together for almost 48 years...I fear due to his health that this may one of the last times.

It was a good time together-

Anybody who would watch two seconds of anything relating to any of the K***tdashians without violently snapping it off should wrap a plastic bag around their heads in the interests of the intellectual future of humanity.

Last edited:
Back