Anybody play Terrace here?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
4 rules, and cannibalism is allowed...

Anybody play this game besides me?

I ask because I'm feeding my maker needs by building a Terrace board out of cardboard (I can't get my hands on any rockets for another couple of weeks).

If I could only finalize how I'm going to make my playing pieces. US coins won't work (the penny is physically larger than a dime, yet worth 1/10). Chinese coins aren't any better (only have three different denominations). I'm going to have to make my own. Was thinking of using bottle caps of various sizes, but I can't seem to locate 4 different sizes of 4 different colors. If I could only find a Home Depot (dowels).

Terrace Mate

I think I've created a monster. I made a Terrace game board to play while here in China (I didn't pack my store bought game with me when I moved).

Terrace is a game that was occasionally seen in Ten Forward during episodes of Star Trek The Next Generation. Turns out more than just a prop, it was an actual game with rules developed in Oregon. It's a strategy game, but unlike Chess, it has multiple possible game arrangements, and can be played by more than two players.

pic1352102_md.jpg

My board is made from cardboard, double sided tape, white glue, and ink. It's proving to be very popular. Every few days since I've introduced the game, the number of players has doubled, and at least one additional person is making a game board.

I expect that this will take China by storm in the next few months.

Back