do you use social media accounts to login to other sites?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How would you prefer to login to ThrustCurve.org?

• Facebook

• Google

• Twitter

• other social site

• username/password

Results are only viewable after voting.

JohnCoker

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
For the revamped ThrustCurve.org site, would you prefer to login the way you did with the old site (dedicated user name and password) or would you prefer to use an existing social site authentication?

Note that existing accounts will be available through the user names and passwords already established, but I'm considering whether it's worth hooking up social site authentication as well.

Last edited:
I actively go out of the way to not use sites that want my social media credentials. I have dozens of usernames and passwords to contain a breach at anyone site from getting access to everything.

I am not a big fan of social media accounts and feel that most social media users are unaware of the negative aspects of such activity. I am in IT and have been involved helping some people mitigate damage due to identity theft and in every case the person/s involved regret their naivety in using social media. I do have a Linked in page, but it is sparsely populated, not maintained and I infrequently use visit it.

I actively go out of the way to not use sites that want my social media credentials. I have dozens of usernames and passwords to contain a breach at anyone site from getting access to everything.

I concur. I avoid social media (I.e., Facebook) almost entirely. I know too many people's accounts that have been hacked, but then again, when they post and advertise what they do every minute of every day...it's no wonder there aren't -more- crimes involved :/

I avoid social media like the plague, I do have a Facebook account that gets visited monthly. My main reason for the avoidance is if I add the FB app to my phone it takes over, screwing up my contacts and other stuff.

I am not a big fan of social media accounts and feel that most social media users are unaware of the negative aspects of such activity. I am in IT and have been involved helping some people mitigate damage due to identity theft and in every case the person/s involved regret their naivety in using social media. I do have a Linked in page, but it is sparsely populated, not maintained and I infrequently use visit it.

+1 to everything above.

Social media is a necessity for me professionally (LinkedIn), besides that it is a complete waste.

I, too avoid sites that want my credentials. I learned the hard way; I was posting a reply to an article on Twitter (Deadspin) that required I give over my credentials to Kinja and the next thing I knew, my Twitter account was tweeting advertisements for products I never knew about.

I don't have any social media things, so I like usernames and passwords.

I don't mind linking to my Google account. I've got enough passwords to remember as-is.

So it would be a nice, but not necessary, option to have.

I'm with everyone else. Can't find a reason in the world to post all my personal information all over the Internet. I'm on LinkedIn, but that's just because it might help me land another job (if I ever need to).

Back