Flight Systems Inc. lives!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glideroc

Reaction score
I just joined this TRF thing. I have been encouraged to do so for years now and every time I have joined the hoops to jump thru were just too much for me. So.....I try again! Some may know that FSI has been bought by David Lucas and David Bucher (me!) and we have been slowly making a working shop to manufacture the classic FSIimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg kits. I am the Vice President and main engineer of the new FSI. I have been making and photographing new models for our catalog and online shop. I have completed five models which we are selling single kits of. I will share pics and videos of our great kits here. The kits are: Megatron, Hercules, OSO, EOS, and Sprint. I am also intending to make and sell composite single use motors. The old BP motors may be available one day as well.

Part of why I have avoided TRF is that I am a numbskull about how everything works. It just is frustrating for me that I try to post pics but they are upside down, and are interspersed within my text. Why? And when I try to "edit my profile" I am told that I'm not allowed! Why? I have discovered five years ago that Facebook is SOOOO user friendly that AI just participate there. Can someone PLEASE advise me on The Rocketry Forum? I'm using mostly iPad (what I'm on now) and iPhone, half of the time. I have a desktop PC, but I rarely use it. This forum just seems too qwerky for me.

The upside down picture thing is a bit weird, I will admit. However, the profile editing is an anti-spam feature. Make a few more posts (I think it's like 20 posts, plus like 5 days of being here) and you get unlocked. :)

Welcome aboard!

Thanks. The upside down pics...they were rightside up in my photos section, and the placement within the text confuses me. I want to have a pic for my profile...and a signature. I'll stick it out. Thanks.

David Bucher
TRA 829
NAR 47674

I've had the upside down picture thing happen a few times when I had rotated a picture on my pc and then saved it and then tried to insert it, I found I had to save the picture under a different name or type and then add it and things would be back to normal. For the picture, you are inserting them inline, if you look at your posting you should see something like

You can cut and paste that at the end if you want, or delete it and they will show as attachments below the posting, or you can make sure your cursor is in the right place before you add the photos in.

My iPad posts get any included pics turned 90 degrees. I've never had them turned 180.

Welcome, David.

I no longer have to check Facebook to keep up with the happenings in your rocket workshop.

Once you get your profile access and photo posting squared away, you should post your activities here, too. Pretty sure there will be substantial interest in seeing what you've been working on.

SRJC 1968

Back