Telemega : tests without ground station communication

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fauconmillenium

Reaction score
Hey all,

We bought a Telemega for our school project and are planing to use the Teledongle as a ground station for telecommunication.

However, before that, we would like to do some ground tests on the Telemega about the acceleration and pressure etc. without having to test it on the actual rocket since it is not ready.

Is it possible to do those tests without using the Teledongle? And if so, how can we do it? And do you have any test that you recommend?

Thank you so much!

Just plug the Telemega into your computer using USB.

Just plug the Telemega into your computer using USB.

Yes and once it's plugged, how do I see the raw data from the accelerometer, altimeter etc? Can I capture the data without the telemega being plugged in the computer and then access the data by plugging it? If so , how?

We are not able to switch it from IDLE mode to FLIGHT mode?

Thanks!

***Would there be some type of tutorial in order to give us the steps?

It has to boot up in a vertical orientation to go into flight mode.

Then go to "monitor flight mode"/table.

I assume you read the manual? https://altusmetrum.org/AltOS/doc/altusmetrum.html I agree the manual could be much clearer in places.

Yes my team and I read the whole manual but it is indeed not very clear! This insight is really going to help us thanks. how would doing the same thing work without having it plugged to the computeR?

When we boot in horizontal, we are able to boot it in idle mode and then find the device in "Monitor Idle" however when we boot it in vertical position, it seems like it is booting in flight mode but we cannot find the device in "monitor flight".

When we boot in horizontal, we are able to boot it in idle mode and then find the device in "Monitor Idle" however when we boot it in vertical position, it seems like it is booting in flight mode but we cannot find the device in "monitor flight".

When booted vertically, it will boot in flight mode. To monitor that, you'll need to use the TeleDongle to receive the radio signal; in flight mode, USB is disabled.

Back