Feedback Please

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocketNerd

Reaction score
Are these nice motor casings? As far as quality and reputation? I received these as a gift a couple years back for a Public Missiles Phobos i was building. A 38/240, 38/360 and a 38/480.
They have never been flow as i dont have my Cert 1 but plan on getting it with these casings.
So what is the lowest motor rating i could achieve using these casings and also what is the highest? Im assuming with the 38/480 i could build a I motor out of it? What would what the 38/240 produce fully loaded?

20160201_181807.jpg20160201_181926.jpg

imagepng
Here is a pic of the 38 casing motors from the aerotech catalog

YES, those are super nice cases. Not only do you have a large choice of motors for them, the cases themselves are gorgeous! Dr. Rocket does not make cases anymore so you have something desirable. I have not seen that anno pattern before on his cases. Really nice man.

Very nice cases! You may want to consider selling those since they're more valuable as "collectibles" and then you may be able to get another set of cases as well as reloads. Possibly ask about trades in the Yard Sale section.

Those are junk. I'll offer you $40, and 'm doing you a favor really.

You guys are ridiculous

Sorry, we're just messin with ya. I personally don't know much about them, but like stated earlier, they may be worth something more as a collector to the right person. I'll agree, that anodizing is very unique..

Hahahahaha...
I knew that was coming right off the bat.....
You guys are too funny....
Those cases are not only gorgeous
you have perfect sizes....
There are so many loads for that spread of cases...
You use them in good health...
You're REALLY going to enjoy them as time goes by
and you realize what you have there....
Good for you man.....

Teddy

hmm makes me think i should just put these on the shelf and buy a different set

hmm makes me think i should just put these on the shelf and buy a different set

By the sounds of the reactions here, that sounds like a good idea. Someone else had suggested the yard sale section, that might be an option as well. Sell those to offset the price of another set?

Or, you could always put them on Ebay with the other delusional sellers and put a $763 price tag on them lol

lol, or just keep em and buy a new set. I rather do like the looks of these and would hate to sell em

lol, or just keep em and buy a new set. I rather do like the looks of these and would hate to sell em

That's what I would do. Those cases are too pretty to risk losing. I'd also put them in some case protectors to keep them from hurting each other.

They're perfectly fine casings. Use them. IMO the "collector" value is whatever someone will pay, and honestly, there are not enough "deep pockets" in this small hobby to make any hobby rocket components "valuable" above the current list price.

Bob

They're perfectly fine casings. Use them. IMO the "collector" value is whatever someone will pay, and honestly, there are not enough "deep pockets" in this small hobby to make any hobby rocket components "valuable" above the current list price.

Bob

Hear, hear! What good is a rocket motor sitting on a shelf? They belong in the sky....

Latest posts

Back