Loki Research Rocket Motors?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loki has good loads, fine loads, and bad ass loads. Not always in that order. Go to their website. Have no fear... Tim

Thanks. I did go to their website but it has a lot of broken links so I was not sure if they were still in business.

Here's a Loki load (I believe it's an "M") from the Tripoli Houston launch in October. Think this one is called the Cocktail:

attachment.php

Just an FYI:
Those parts are actually AMW not Loki.
The bag labeled, 54 mm x 2550 is an AMW designation.

JD

JD'S correct. ..
The designation 54 / 2550 is correct for
both AMW and Kosden, or now Kosden by Aerotech. ....
But that is not a Loki designation. ....

Teddy

Just use the link at the bottom of my page.

TA

There are a few broken links/outdated pages on the current website. More money for test motors, so I don't care if the website is outdated.

Houston,

I just stumbled across this thread. I'm curious what links you found that were broke. Every now and then I see/hear about links old or page tabs that don't show up on the current website but somehow manage to show up on a Google search. Just got an email on one this last week that I'm waiting to hear back on from the web host.

Anyway, Loki is very much alive and kicking! Even screaming sometimes. ;-) There have been some great improvements in the product line like convolute liners instead of spiral would paper and very high quality graphite for the nozzles. The reloads are also about the most reliable you will find with extremely low failure rates. I can count on one hand how many warranty claims were filed last year. If you have any questions I can answer, please let me know. Feel free to make a post on the thread mentioned above. I am here to re-earn your business and keep it for good. Please let me know how I can do that sir.

Doughbt! I almost forgot. Those are most definitely AWM parts, the nozzle, bulkhead and nozzle washer. The DAT tool is made by CTI but it is what Loki 38mm reloads were designed to work with. MAKE SURE that you accurately measure the drill bit with the butt end of a good pair of dial calipers. From the tip of the drill bit to the plastic base that it is molded into, the drill bit length should measure .925" long. Each delay step is something like .075".

I have seen far too many CTI DAT's (delay adjustment tools) that had the drill bit sticking out too far. It will result in early ejection times, or worst case, using the shortest delay setting often results in a forward end blow by or ejection right at burnout that zippers the body tube. I heard about one of these just this past weekend with an I-430 LB. The DAT's drill measures 1.025, a whole tenth of an inch off! It was set to the shortest delay and it blew the ejection charge right at burnout.

I need to put this on the Loki thread.....

I have seen far too many CTI DAT's (delay adjustment tools) that had the drill bit sticking out too far. It will result in early ejection times, or worst case, using the shortest delay setting often results in a forward end blow by or ejection right at burnout that zippers the body tube. I heard about one of these just this past weekend with an I-430 LB. The DAT's drill measures 1.025, a whole tenth of an inch off! It was set to the shortest delay and it blew the ejection charge right at burnout.

I am pretty sure that is exactly what happened with this flight. I drilled too deep using the DAT and moments after the rocket left the rail, I had a spectacular show of flames coming out both ends. OUCH! Only issue ever with a Loki-powered flight but I take full responsibility for it.

I absolutely LOVE their reloads!

image.jpeg

Cheers,
Michael

I just stumbled across this thread. I'm curious what links you found that were broke. Every now and then I see/hear about links old or page tabs that don't show up on the current website but somehow manage to show up on a Google search. Just got an email on one this last week that I'm waiting to hear back on from the web host.

Not so much broken, but dead-
https://lokiresearch.com/secure/store.asp?groupid=52120034163298
https://lokiresearch.com/secure/store.asp?groupid=73020038305143

Back