Camden, SC: ROSCO Sport Launch: 13-14 August

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys,

Don't goo on the field until after the club trailer is on it. Field will be locked until 10:30. Please do not drive past the shop unless you see club trailer on field.

Barring any unforeseen complications, you can expect two low powered and one low to mid powered fliers by early afternoon today.
And, hopefully I'll be able to get a high powered flight in, or two, on Sunday; conditions pending.

"ROCKETS!" :w: :w:

Got 3 flights in today - looks even windier tomorrow :sad:
I did get onboard video from the Deuce.

Very nice day. Little cold and wet, but then again, it is January.

Everything still on schedule for Feb 13-14 launch?

How about hotel report from those that went last time. Good ones...bad ones?

I'll be there, who else, haven't figured out where to stay though.

How did it go last time. I did not see much feed back.

Last edited:
Days Inn 542 HWY 601 south, Lugoff, SC. Exit 92 on I-20,about 12 miles from field. 54$. Thats where I will be. Any changes in the flight rules yet? Just curious, not suggesting changes yet. Altitude, sparkies, forbidden zone??

Days Inn 542 HWY 601 south, Lugoff, SC. Exit 92 on I-20,about 12 miles from field. 54$. Thats where I will be. Any changes in the flight rules yet? Just curious, not suggesting changes yet. Altitude, sparkies, forbidden zone??
I stayed there last month. Similar to Orangeburg, but well maintained. My room had both refrigerator and microwave, Free Continental breakfast with waffles. Walk up price $69 including taxes. Note this is a small motel, 36 rooms total both floors. You can park by your room and prep.

No change to the flight rules. https://rocketrysouthcarolina.org will have any changes as I get them.

I may be local for the next two years. I am pending a change that will keep me within 2 hours of Camden for 2 more years. Keep good thoughts.

Launch: low volume, but decent first day. Even with the conditions, we did not come close to the edge of the field. Waiver is a discussion on the field, but expect 5000 feet.

We stayed at the Quality Inn in Sumter: 2390 Broad St, Sumter, SC 29150. $84 and it included a pretty good breakfast buffet (eggs, sausage, cereal, yogurt, fruit, muffins, etc).

We stayed at the Days Inn off I-20 exit 92 as well, with no complaints. Ten to fifteen minute drive from the field, if I'm remembering correctly.

I've got my request in for time off from work, so here's hoping.

It appears the weather around Camden may be sunny, though a bit windy, this weekend. That is, if the forecast turns out to be accurate.
I am greatly looking forward to quintupling, and more, my newton second tally for the year thus far.

It appears the weather around Camden may be sunny, though a bit windy, this weekend. That is, if the forecast turns out to be accurate.
I am greatly looking forward to quintupling, and more, my newton second tally for the year thus far.
The forecast is changing - more wind and colder than a couple days ago :(

Man I just checked again ...there's a major arctic blast settling in for week.

Sat shows only 29 at noon! Sunday only 30!!!!! Unless there's a major new system coming in from the Gulf it's frozen city.
Any chance of moving launch to following weekend, that's showing 60's.

I think we need to face it... this week ends for Polar bears.

Man I just checked again ...there's a major arctic blast settling in for week.

Sat shows only 29 at noon! Sunday only 30!!!!! Unless there's a major new system coming in from the Gulf it's frozen city.
Any chance of moving launch to following weekend, that's showing 60's.

I think we need to face it... this week ends for Polar bears.

Don't know where you’re getting your info from but I'm in the local market and they are predicting mid 40s for both days.

Don't know where you’re getting your info from but I'm in the local market and they are predicting mid 40s for both days.

Right here weather forecast, it's dropped more!........

https://www.wunderground.com/weather-forecast/zmw:29020.1.99999

Sat from 10am........28 degrees, to 4pm 33 degrees, winds 10mph wind chill.

Sun from 10am........19 degrees, to 4pm 33 degrees, winds 7-4mph wind chill.

Screen Shot 2016-02-10 at 10.56.11 AM.jpg Screen Shot 2016-02-10 at 10.57.14 AM.png Screen Shot 2016-02-10 at 10.57.45 AM.png

Of course if from Chicago, you might consider THAT balmy out.....LOL

I was hoping to make it but it looks like I won't be able to. Is anyone going either from the Hickory NC area, or will be traveling on I77 through Statesville? I would ask that you grab a couple motors from Ken Allen for me. I will meet you so you don't have to go out of your way, I just don't have time to drive there as planned.

Capture.PNG
This is from the local TV station. Gonna be a great two days of flying.

Good. I have been under the weather and over worked. I need a break.

Loaded the truck. I am flying to single deployment level 1 rockets and a bunch of low power.

We are going to cancel the Sunday launch. We will continue with today.

We have had about 5 fliers. Bridgett and I flew two high power flights. I tested the edge of the field with both flights.

Back