Aeropack 98mm Retainer bolt pattern needed.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rharshberger

Reaction score
Does anyone have a drilling diagram for the Aeropack 98mm motor retainer, I know it uses 12 screws for attachment, but not the diameter of the bolt pattern, even better would be a printable drilling guide. I am trying to pre-build everything and then as I have the spare cash acquire the parts for the rest of my L3.

Honestly I would wait until the parts were in hand, but I can be a wimp like that about building.

Of course, I would send you a 98mm pattern, but all I have is 75mm.

I've used this data to drill rings for a few customers, haven't heard any issue with the hole placement, got the information from Aeropack a while back.

The bolt circle for the 4" is 4.660". The OD of the flange is 4.960" 12 holes, equally spaced. I think they spec #8 hardware, I believe the hole size in plywood for the threaded inserts is 9/32, for the 54 and 75 it's 1/4.

I can't print a scale drilling guide, I could make you a ring or a physical drill guide with 1/8" holes in it from plywood.

Nat Kinsey
UpscaleCNC

Send me an email address and I can get you a guide based on the above dimensions. That said, I don't make any warranties express or implied :)

Last edited:
Thanks guys Bob at Aeropack was super fast and returned my email with the same info and a .doc diagram. I appreciate the offers though.

Back