Apogee Website?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwoodyu

Reaction score
Howdy,

OP wrote this which should be ignored. {Does anyone know if Apogee is out of business or what happened? The site has been removed.}

The post should read. The Apogee website is done. Does anyone know what happened?

I have been lurking or a good bit reading and learning. The site has been a huge help.

Thanks,
Woody

Edited by Bob Krech, TRF Administrator

Last edited by a moderator:
According to their FB page, they have been having website issues this weekend. Unfortunately for them, this seems to be a fairly regular problem.

According to their FB page, they have been having website issues this weekend. Unfortunately for them, this seems to be a fairly regular problem.

You would think that they would find a way to change providers or platforms so this isn't an issue. I am sure that it is a complex system of keeping track of what is in stock but they consistently have issues with their current site.

You would think that they would find a way to change providers or platforms so this isn't an issue. I am sure that it is a complex system of keeping track of what is in stock but they consistently have issues with their current site.

It looks like they have changed hosts. Apogee was using the same host as DARS but currently I can reach the DARS web site but Apogee yielded a 403 error from "HostGator". A quick check with whois shows that the Apogee domain name goes to hostgator as well.

I frequently visit the Apogee Components website to check on their in hand inventory of my products and received the same 404-FORBIDDEN nonsense on Friday. I sent an email to Michelle who informed me that the problem was with "HostGator" and that they were working to resolve the problem with them. Apogee was back on line for a short time yesterday and are now down again. :rant:

Isn't technology wonderful? WTF is a "HostGator" anyway?

Please change the thread title. Currently it is stating that Apogee is out of business as if it were fact, and appearing on the front page.

Apogee is most certainly not out of business. I received a shipment from them yesterday.

Please change the thread title. Currently it is stating that Apogee is out of business as if it were fact, and appearing on the front page.

Apogee is most certainly not out of business. I received a shipment from them yesterday.

Good to hear...I noticed the same 403 error so was concerned. And hey guys, none of our vendors have Amazon-sized resources so cut 'em some slack.

Howdy,

Does anyone know if Apogee is out of business or what happened? The site has been removed.

"Apogee out of business" is quite a troubling and massive bad assumption thread title you wrote. I saw that and thought "Oh [crap], this better be wrong".

Someone should only write that if a company *IS* actually known to be out of business.

More suitable would been something like "Apogee website?", or otherwise indicating that you could not get the website to come up.

It is common, for a small company website to be down. Or at the least, Apogee's has been down a few times in the past.

BTW - you can edit the thread title. Use "Go Advanced" and there is a field for editing the title.

Some years ago on RMR, an idiot posted a message to a news story, the thread title saying that "Gassaway" had been killed. It was a totally different person, obviously. Well, years later, I got an e-mail from Peter Alway asking.... if I was dead. REALLY. He'd heard a rumor. And I'm 99.9% sure it was that idiot's post that began the rumor (people who only read the subject title and did not read the message). So, it would be good to change this thread title.

BTW - I realize you made a poor choice of words and I mean nothing personal, so no offense intended. This other guy did what he did for the sake of being a donkey's relative.

- George Gassaway

Last edited:
Agree! Shocked me when I saw this. I just was emailing with Tim last week, and on the site then. So glad this is false. the title should be changed

Until this mess is straightened out, I'm sure Apogee would be willing to accept orders by phone rather than miss a sale. 719 535-9335, M-F, 8-5 MST

Apologies. What a difference the correct punctuation would have made in the subject. I truly meant it as question not as statement. No doubt the edit to the post itself helped clear it up to.

Thanks for the edit. I would have don't it myself when i realized it but i was taking a Sunday break from the cell phone.

Woody

I was trying to access the website on Friday to order some parts for my Partizon build. I was greeted with the same error notification. I was able to pull up the website on my phone and it stated they were doing a large website upgrade. I'm glad to see they are working to get the site fixed.

Apogee ' s site has hiccups every now and again
partly because it's so complex...
One of the few things people agree on is where
a new person should go for education / information / tutorials ....
Apogee s how to video series in legendary. ....
They'll get it back up....
Don't you worry,,, lol...

Teddy

Turns out that the website has been having "hiccups" for the past few days. One minute it's there, the next minute it isn't.

earlier today they said that they were going to be down for maintenance while migrating to a new server.
Rex

I still get the "Down for maintenance" message when I go to the site. I called them today to inquire on some product and shipping prices and Tim actually answered the phone. I gathered from our quick chat that he thought the site was back up. While we were on the phone, he had the same problems I did. Anyone had any luck getting on the site?

My luck was the same as yours and his; still "Down for Maintenance". Evidently more than a hiccup for them. Maybe full blown whopping cough or Zika fever !

I suspect that your isp hasn't updated their DNS server or that you need to dump/refresh your internet cache. still working for me.
Rex

From the website:

We outgrew the resources our baby server had and had to do an upgrade! While we were down for maintence for a little bit after a rough week on our current server, we should be running much more smoothly. Good news is that means Apogee is growing and with this upgrade we can continue to provide more products and services to you!

Also, there's a couple of dead links/broken pages but they should have that fixed in the next couple hours.

Up for me but with an advisory that there may be some glitches to due server migration.

Server Upgrade: Please have patience while we finish our transition to the shiny new server and squash any bugs that came with the switch. If something isn't working right, or a page/feature is inaccessible, please try again in a couple hours before contacting us.

Back