Look what greeted me at the door today!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Screaminhelo

Shade Tree Rocket Surgeon
Reaction score
It took a while for me to decide what my aunt was getting me for Christmas and here they are!
20160129_230319.jpg

I have been wanting to play around with clusters for a while and this seemed like a good way to start. The Tres really caught my eye and after inspecting the contents of the bagI can't wait to see it finished! What I am looking forward to most is building the Tres while my boy builds the Deuce along side me. There are a few things that he'll need help with but it will be a good time together.

Any suggestions on either of the kits? I haven't really seen them on the forum much.

Yes, I did get some Q2G2's.

Besides getting all three motors to light, which you seem to have well in hand with the Q2G2s, follow the instructions provided and you should be good.
Should you happen to only get two to fire, here's what you have in store for yourself (also, take into account the extra weight and drag of the key fob camera on this flight):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J5frb3OCUI

They are both beautiful flyers. And a heck of a lot of fun to build and fly.
Enjoy!

Last edited:
I have seen them in the gallery but not much anywhere else. If you look around the forum, you will see that folks build just about everything else. While I have seen a thread or two on the Spitfire over the years and Astrobaby's Thunderbird build a year or two ago, there hasn't been much else. We'll have to see how the Pinewood Derby goes today, then get back to my Snarky and finish the Photon Probe first but I think that these kits need some love on the forums.

Two great kits. Use the Q2G2 igniters for sure and you'll have some fun flights.

Rocketron

At one point, the Deuce's Wild dominated TRF :) great kit and a whole lotta fun to fly! Ditto, the Tres, but them I'm rather biased :)

One of the vendors sell a Nike nosecone and decals for the Deuce. I think it is Gordie? Made mine look sharp!

I love the Tres! I've built it in all 3 sizes, and would love to upscale it for 29mm AP.

My son and I will be starting the builds soon. He tends to have a short attention span so we will take a week or three to get them done but I figure on putting the slowdown on finishing my Sharky so we can build these together.

Back